Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JEWELRY MODE?

gobum62

Have the old Explorer and was wondering how good is the Jewelry Mode? I mostly Coin hunt but would like to pick up some jewelry also. Should I Select Coin and Jewelry in the Advanced Mode?
THANKS
Mike

NO, NOt if your looking to pick up both the jewelry and the coins. You need to learn to combine programs or to open up your discrimination to accept more. If you just want jewelry then I would run the Jewelry program but still I recommend (if you have time) that you open up the discrim even more and dig more items.

It's funny you should say that... On the XS, I would place a Check on everything except the nail, ferrous coins, and crown top. That's the old jewelry mode for looking for gold on the beach, because it rejects the crown tops, which are trouble some on the beach, along with your iron mask on, further helps identify those crown tops because the cursor appears at the lower right corner and I have never dug gold with the cursor in that position, but be careful because sometimes the cursor will jump from the lower right to the left in the gold range, which means that there could be gold and a crown top in the hole or area . Hope this helps...HH.

Philo NY

The first check mark is coins, from the clear screen to add one or all of the items on the list, that in its self give you a vast discrimination on a broad spectrum. That's why the Explorer is consided and runs with a FBS mirco digital chip. In other words, regartless if you do or do not check off the rest of the others items... Jewelry, screw caps, crown tops, you are going to pick up these targets with your basic start up or coin program.

Now, if you just want to pick up just jewelry, you'll need to go into edit mode, and except all the types of gold you may have, or want, be it coins, pendants, chains, rings, bracelets in all the Kt's because each of the Kt's sound different, as to size. Large rings come in the pull tops and nickel range, while small rings grunt a low top like foil, and come in at the lower part of the screen. Now, 18, 22, 24kt come in almost like pennies, starting at the pull top, nickel range and move higher up the screen as the kt contant gets higher, all pivotting around the size of the gold, as do certain gold coins.

So, the XS right out of the box, started in the beginners learning mode will pick up a broad spectrim of metals including jewelry, coins, brass tokens, buttons, and so on, but if you want to dig specific type of metal, gold, silver, brass, copper, you can edit all or justy one in the advance mode. I've been hunting with the Mine Lab Explorer since it was introduced back in the 90's, and have tried many different programs, and because I used a program where I edited only gold into my program, and dug so much gold, I was call the Gold Magnet on the beach using my own programs for gold and silver. it's the reason why the Daily News did two spreads on me at the Beaches. This is my take and facts of the understanding of the Explorer XS, the II, SE, and the SE Pro. I own each one, and have learne the language that each one speaks.

Philo_NY

PS There is a picture of all the gold I had dug from 2000 to 2003 or 4. Do not know if the post are still in the archives, but if ever saw them, you would know why I was called the Gold Magnet. Now I got so much negative private mail, that I stopped posting my gold finds, because members were saying that all the gold I posted was my own gold.