Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Joey coil cover

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, can any of you tell me if a Joey coil has a cover, I am asking this because I have just got one and what looks like a cover fitted, I have tried to get it off to clean the coil but it won't budge, is it a cover or part of the coil itself ?? If it is a cover how the heck do I get it off ?
Thanks. Andy

There is a cover on mine I have, but mine has a white tape that seals it and holds it on. Most I have seen without the tape have been so lose they wont stay on, so if you got this used I wonder if someone glued the coil cover on. If there is a cover on it I am sure you will see it as the edges fit lose, but if you dont see any edges of a cover it may be gone.
Rick

Sorted in the end, it is the cover and it was stuck to the coil with clear silicon, I can now see why it was stuck on, it just falls off, nowhere near a proper fit, very disapointed. Who makes this coil, is it Sunray or coiltek ?

Thanks guys, just one more thing, what part of the joey isn't waterproof @

From what i understand this coil is not epoxie filled like the the other coils that are waterproof, so with the tinyest crack or hole it can leak water into the coil wires and give a problem.Being it is not Epoxied filled it is lighter too, so it was made more for getting into tight place and seperate more than water hunting. The biggest place to worry about this is where the wire goes into the coil and some has silicon this well if they want to try it in the water,but if you have a slight crack or hole in it than it will leak water into it.
Rick