Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

joey coil

harry

HI got new joey coil and did some testing. put a quarter on the ground then put a 4in old dug nail right on top of it. I swept the coil over the full length of coin and nail, machine went silent nulled out every pass. then i turned 90 degrees and swept it again loud and clear sweet sound every time. next time i get a null detecting i will try it from different angles to be sure. I am sure i missed a few coins because of the null thought it was just iron did not know that maybe something could be under it if you sweep from different angles.Still learning the explore, went to local park to try out new coil got several nice hits but ground is solid yet so will come back soon can not wait. harry

You shouldn't have any regrets buying the Joey Coil. It is the second coil I use next to the stock coil and it has done well for me. If you are running in Iron Mask, you may want to run around -6 to -10 or so. This will make the coin stick out better in the trash.

Thanks ,Will try it and you were right about finding coins very close to trash. went over the same spots several times with stock coil could not believe there were so many coins i missed. ground is to hard to dig but know they were coins because of the sounds and display screen. thanks again for your settings they work. harry

n/t

Hey Harry your going to have that coil worn out before the ground thaws:stretcher: Just mark the spots and I'll dig them for you this spring:wiggle:

HI Dave have fun tonight at work and save your money for a joey coil because your going to need it to keep up with me. remember who got all the goodies at the park with his new explorer before you just had to have one.see you Monday:nopity:

As far as I know it is, but I would go to Coiltech and ask just to make sure. The only thing I could see that might leak would be where the cord goes into the coil. I would just silicone it just to make sure if you are planning to use it in water.

Hi Ralph,

Check out Andy Sabisch's web site (www.treasurehunterstradingpost.com/storefront) he has a write up about the Platypus Coil in which he states the the Platypus IS waterproof unlike the Joey, which indicates that the Joey is NOT waterproof, However an Email to Coiltek will answer your question, they are very prompt with their replies, I have a Platypus and have used it in water with no adverse effects.

Happy hunting.....Boony