Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

John/Edmonton and others........what technique do you use........

Ivan

to hunt gold rings in parks and on soccer fields? With no target id or multi-tones , what kind of a system do you employ? How do you zero in on the more likely targets? What is the criteria? Thanks guys.

OK- well I'll tell you how I do It, in my area, I live in a metro area of 2,165 residents, and they are just now figuring out what soccer is, John-Edmonton lives in a metro area of slightly over 1,034,000, and a city of around 800,000, so our tecniques are probably different, he has much more to pick from than I do, as my best year so far has been only slightly over $7,200.00 in a year,, and i only have around 4 years practice with the Scorpion line, he does much better as the larger area he is in and we have a larger unemployment base. all according to the internet info.
So for my hunting the best results I have been using the pre set marks on the face, sometimes going less on the disc, and slightly higher on the sens, and making sure my ground bal is right on, threshold just above a hum-more of a loud hum, and I dig all the solid sounds, solid hits that repeat that way, usually if it kind of breaks up some it is a chain, or junk, gotta dig to find out, I pinpoint off the very tip of the coil, as with some practice it is usually accurate within 3/8 of an inch, with the small coil or large, i use the smaller 3 x 7 a lot, sometimes i use the larger in larger areas, so actually, dig the solid repeaters, might get into checking using the all metal mode, but not necessary tho., all in all GOOD LUCK, and lear the detector, TOSS SOME RINGS ON THE GROUND, PLAY WITH IT.:garrett:

Thanks for the informative post! I've been itchin to get out with a Scorp for years and just might do it real soon!

I like the 15khz and all metal mode + TR circuit on it...........used a few fine TR/VLF machines back in the day and really luv the way a good analog machine talks to you:biggrin::thumbup: