Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

John-Edmonton---------> Wireless for less....

CanadianDigger

John, "The Source" carries these 2 transmitters, I picked up the Belkin model ....works great...:thumbup:

Part # 1419693

$59.99

The Centrios model does not have an LCD display, but should work out just fine.
Part #1219181

On sale for $29.99

Match this up with a cheap personal fm radio:

$9.99 for either one of these.....guess which one I'm getting??????

That's about the cheapest way I can do this.....Plus, kinds looks cool too... :super:

HH
:canadaflag:
Steve
:garrett:

I'm going to call the local Source and see if they have that part number in stock. Thankyou for the information :thumbup:

Looks like a good idea. I was wondering about the "pocket rocket" FM radio as it is a scan type, does it have the right frequency for the transmitter? I have one of these and I can get about 6 channels with it and the cost is only 0.99 Canadian at Giant Tigers, they also have another model same price only its long and slender with a light at the end. It scans about 8 channels. HH Ken

Ken, you can set the Belkin transmitter to ANY standard FM radio channel/frequency from 88.1 to 107.9.....you should have no trouble with you little 6 channel Tiger special....

Steve

I bought the Centrios #1219181 as the local store did not carry the LCD model. I also picked up a good quality fm radio.
I hooked everything up and the reception is horrible. I checked to make sure I had the correct frequency and set the radio accordingly but I get a totally different sound than the detector? I get a distorted faint blip sound over metal and if I put a coin down and scan it I get the same blip without the bell tone. Is that normal? Any ideas what may be wrong? I have lots of volume. I bought the radio at the Source its a Nexxtech model 1200800 and has a frequency range of 88-108MHz. I noticed on the back of the radio that it has a sticker that says "This device complies with part 15 of FCC rules,operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference."? The guys at the Source don't seem to understand how the transmitter works and told me its old technology that nobody uses.....guess there much help.I'd be grateful for any help....thankyou.

Spanky, the only thing that comes to mind, is, either the transmitter is to close to the MD's electronics (interference from the processor in the MD), or, the transmitter might be off frequency from the factory.

Try using a short (1 foot) extension on the stereo plug from the detector to the MD, see if it clears up, if it does, then mount the transmitter at the end of the arm cuff, (as far from the processor as possible), if it doesn't make a difference, exchange the transmitter and try all over again.

Sorry Spanky, that's all I can think of....best of luck.

HH
Steve

Could be picking up interefernce through the cable that runs from the transmitter to the radio. You would need a good sheilded cable.
Jeff

I agreed with your comment that it must be a defective transmitter and not properly factory set. I returned it today and was in Zellers and they actually carry the LCD model. I bought it and hooked it up and it works extremely well.

Thankyou very much...you made my day !

setting me up wireless.....:wave::thumbup:

People on this site know more than the guys who sell the stuff :lol:

Can't wait to get out and try the set up and see how everything works....once the ground thaws out a bit.

I'll post a picture of how I rigged it up on my 550.

Thanks Again !

Cheers!

transmitter at a Zellers store and I drove over to Port Huron Michigan & bought a nice digital radio with frequency lock at Radio Shack. I didn't like the radios the Source store sell in Canada.

The set up is very nice as the signal is very clear and the bell tone is very clear for the coins.

The ground here is very hard...basically frozen. I went out tonight to a local park to try out the wireless set up and it paid off ! I found a mans diamond ring..four nice size diamonds mounted in white gold. This ring has to be worth some serious coin.I'll have to get a local jeweler to look at it. It has a hair line fracture from being stepped on I'll see if I can get it fixed. The ring was about a 1/2" below the surface the wireless hook up worked very well. I picked up two pennys as well and had to pack it in because dummy....thats me..... forgot to put fresh battery's in the 550.I was on one bar which was ok till everything went hay wire.