Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Joined the Scorpion Club

Smudge

Well, finally decided on my next detector and picked it up yesterday.

I got the Scorpion.:)

I was all set to get a TID machine, but I kept asking myself if the screen was going to tell me anything more than the tones would. After discrimination is set, if it beeps I'm going to dig it anyway, no matter the screen says.

I almost hate to admit this, but John Edmunton's regular posts showing his success with the Scorpion inspired me to try this detector.:drool:

Believe me, I know it won't happen overnight. Even the manual says I should plan to put in at least 100 hours before I even start to get competent with it.

I've got a big hunt coming up Wednesday, so I'm going to practice with it as much as I can prior to that.

Wish me luck.

I know I can't out-hunt you John, but I'm gonna try!

I don't believe any of us can out-hunt John, he's a great detectorist, and honor to us all, besides that he's a goodguy,.
Yes the Scorpion is in my opinion a GREAT detector, I have had or used almost everything out there since 1975, now I have 2 Scorps,,( and a Master Hunter CX+) they do what I want, when I want, and do it well, rugged, tough, efficient, bout 30 hr battery life, not a perfect detector, but I'm not a perfect human either, good luck and happy hunting:detecting:
Love the avatar- the all seeing eye,, I have a stained glass one overseeing me at my computer- made it myself:garrett:

Welcome to the club Smudge!:garrett::detecting:Happy Hunting!:)