Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Joining the XP Group, Got an ORX, Couple Questions

lloyd0161

So I have moved over to XP and happy I did. Thanks to Richard at Backwoods! I got the elliptical HF coil and MI-6 pinpointer. I love the whole wireless package and works perfectly. What a cool setup. Just a couple questions though. With the detector assembled and extended I notice the feet under the armrest do not even touch the ground and the detector falls over when I set it down to dig. This works great when propping up against the wall but not when set on the ground. What was XPs intention here? Also, I am ordering the waterproof kit. Anyone had experience with this?

That feet business with the Deus (and ORX) has always been a problem.-----You can get an after market (foot) piece to fit onto the shaft I believe.---Something I should probably look into myself also.-------Water set up with either the ORX or Deus---I have had no experience with.

No idea on the intent, keep it as compact as possible? I just flatten out the coil when setting it down. I can also agree on the wireless features as I just received my Mi6. No experience with the water kit.

My orx rolled all the way down a big hill. Those feet are worthless.

I just keep the coil loose enough so it lays flat when I set it down and I always point it up or downhill so it won't roll. So far that has worked for me.

I know this is a bunch of dumb pictures, but this is what I did to solve the foot problem years age and still have it on my Deus.
The last picture shows a piece of that non-slip stuff that ya line shelves to keep stuff from moving around.
I put it in the grove to cushion and help hold it in place.
My design can be removed if not needed or wanted and fairly inexpensive.
Also I painted it black.

Another way I've seen is to use a 6" piece of PVC and drill holes to match the one that mount the Deus foot and screw it across the foot.

HuntinDog said:
I know this is a bunch of dumb pictures, but this is what I did to solve the foot problem years age and still have it on my Deus.
The last picture shows a piece of that non-slip stuff that ya line shelves to keep stuff from moving around.
Also I painted it black.

Another way I've seen is to use a 6" piece of PVC and drill holes to match the one that mount the Deus foot and screw it across the foot.

Clever and works. But you would think if they just made their feet a little bit longer or moved them forward a bit we wouldn't need take these extra measures.

lloyd0161 said:
HuntinDog said:
Also I painted it black.

I agree, especially with minelab. I see so many inventing things to fix problems that should have been addressed at concept.

Clever and works. But you would think if they just made their feet a little bit longer or moved them forward a bit we wouldn't need take these extra measures.

XP really dropped the ball on the feet thing. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the ORX

Just loosen the coil just a bit like mentioned above. Simple fix without adding anything or more weight. Don’t overthink it