Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jordan & the First Gold of 2016

Sgt. Silverman

I woke up early this morning and just stared at the ceiling. I started recollecting the five month journey of our first daughter Jordan, her Trisomy 18, and how so many people we thought were great friends and family tried to persuade us to get an abortion. Five months of not knowing if she would live one minute out of the womb, an hour, a day. On December 31st 2001, there was no more waiting... the Lord called her home. This was her actual due date. Alissa gave birth to Jordan the following day, New Years day 2002.
The memory of that day is still fresh in my mind, but doesn't sting any more. We were Blessed with a very special girl that helped bring a fractured family back together after so many years.

I read my bible for a while, then tiptoed (plodded? :)) through the house getting my gear ready to go detecting. It was 39 degrees this morning and as I sat in the car reading through the 14 new maps I made I just closed my eyes and said, "Lord, where am I supposed to go today? I submit to your will, please guide me." The answer was pretty clear, but it was actually one of the last places I was going to hit in a few months. A half hour later with the sun just coming up I arrived at the first tot-lot. I stayed there an hour and a half and got a majority of the coins you see in the picture. Kids started showing up (???? It was only 47 degrees! :)) so I packed up and headed to the other end of the park where there was a smaller tot-lot.

I got to the second lot and realized after 5 minutes, "No one has ever hit this." I started getting hit after hit after hit in succession. Every single beaver tail in that pic came from that tot-lot. After the fourth one I stopped and looked around. Beaver-tails. Huh. Then it hit me. The swing set and the jungle gym looked like they were just installed over the summer. Off to my left were 6 picnic tables. The beaver tails were all pretty much 2-4" down which I came to the conclusion that the park crews must have moved the picnic tables, installed the new equipment and laid the mulch down. Needless to say, every beaver tail I dug I kept smiling. Sooner or later I knew there had to be gold there. 10 minutes and 6 more tails later :pulltab:, Eureka! I dug a gold crucifix (minus the chain). I looked it over carefully and could barely make out some markings on the chain link that was attached to the crucifix, but alas, with no reading glasses I'd have to wait until I got home. I POUNDED that tot-lot, primarily looking for the chain that was attached to the crucifix but to no avail. I was there 2 1/2 hours and it was sheer bliss. Very tranquil, and I was so in the zone I didn't realize until I got to the car how thirsty I was.

A quick shot to a park on the way home where I found two gold rings a couple of years ago and then I called it quits. (I found that weird looking earning there) 5 relaxing hours later and my pocket was pretty heavy. As you can see by the pics, I will dig every pull tab and beaver tail knowing that sooner or later it will be gold. Sure enough, that crucifix was a solid 8 on the X-terra. I got home, cleaned my finds and realized with my magnifier the crucifix had a small 750 on the link that was still attached. :) 18Kt. GOLD! What a Blessed start to 2016. :angel: Thanks again Travis for your personal X-terra, it's treating me great and I've taken to it like a fish to water :)

I pray all of you and your families have a very Blessed and rewarding 2016!

Greg

It sure is good to see you finding the good stuff. You have found a good spot looks like. I would hit that hard. The small coil you have would be good for the gold. It is 18.5 kHz. My small coil has been really good to me over the years.
Yeah after I sold that detector to my friend and bought a 705 I missed it. I used two 705's and then sold them both and got me another 70. They just run so well. There only down fall is they do not like electric fences. But the 705's were real bad because they didn't run the Nel coils quite as good and they are the only coils that do well around them.
I get excited every time I see you have posted again. Because I know you are getting better and better with the 70. I have been using one for years and it would be weird without one. Though I would like to try a t2 classic for relics or maybe a forse cor. I just like the tones of an xterra.
Congratulations on the great find.

What a great start to the year! Congrats my friend.

Congrats and God has blessed you with gold on the first day of the New Year and that is a wonderful blessing and there is an old saying that what you do on the first day of the year, you will do all year; so you have made a good start and may God in Jesus' name, keep blessing you all through the New Year of 2016! I so want to go detecting, but, alas, I cannot, so I enjoy the posts of those who go detecting and photos of their finds! Amen! Ma

Hello Greg,
Thank you for sharing your story about Jordan. It's amazing how God quiets the hurts of times gone by to the point we can live with the details. We are so blessed to have our Heavenly Father / Jesus Christ watching over us, loving us, caring for us, and meeting our daily needs. I often wonder where I'd be without God / Jesus is my life and the thought isn't a pretty picture. Congrats on all the finds. I'm hoping to get out this coming spring. It will be almost a year since I have seriously detected. I went through a spell of trying to find my way this last year, even though I had a relationship with God / Jesus. God brought me to a complex to live that I would never have chosen and in an area of town where many people wouldn't wander during the day let alone at night. Its not my castle but it's a roof over my head and I'm grateful. God is using me here and maybe it'll be more palatable in time.