Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:jump:((((Garrett's New Metal Detector)))):jump:

jimmyjiver

Hi..Okay the cats out of the bag..:yikes:..When is Garrett releasing some info on their new machine coming out ?:drool:? Perhaps maybe John could shed some light on this subject or is he sworn to secrecy ??:shrug:??.....HH....JJ

Garrett is always doing R&D, and having said that, a new detector could be released next month, or two years from today. It will be released when it is ready. They can barely keep up on orders for the AT Series detectors at the moment.

Sounds interesting, I wonder what it will look like and how it performs!

jimmyjiver said:
Hi..Okay the cats out of the bag..:yikes:..When is Garrett releasing some info on their new machine coming out ?:drool:? Perhaps maybe John could shed some light on this subject or is he sworn to secrecy ??:shrug:??.....HH....JJ

What do you mean the cat's out of the bag. What have you heard???

[size=large]is this the start of the new hype season? has anyone heard of this machine or that coil? wonder how well it will do or cost or how deep it will it go? sounds like the manufacturers leak info out to build drama for future sales. yes i've had my meds for the day. i'm just tired of all the b.s. advertising gimicks.

HH[/size]

[size=large]i didn't hear JOHN say anything either.

HH[/size]

Hi, That's probably all it is they are working on one I guess....But when you look at it realistically they just got done releasing the AT Pro.....It's probably just a rumor, I did hear also that Fisher and Tesoro have got a new one in the works......One of them is releasing it this fall???? Again I hear things.... LoL....JJ

I have heard that Garrett is working on something to replace the GTI series. That's no rumor. Vaughan Garrett is in a video from the AT Pro release saying, pretty much, that you haven't seen nothin yet. I also know First Texas(Fisher and Teknetics) has some stuff in the works. Don't know anything about Tesoro or the others. I say there'll be something come out in the fall. Just don't know what or from whom. It makes sense someone would push something out, with the new Minelab. With the recent release of the AT Gold, I don't forsee Garrett being the one to release anything yet. Maybe in the spring or fall of next year. Same with Whites. They had the Vx3 come out last year, I think it was. Tesoro could surprise us, but I don't remember the last time there was buzz about something new coming from them. Doesn't mean they won't have something.

Out of the big 3 of First Texas, Whites, and Garrett, my money would be on FT. They haven't come out with anything new since the G2/GB like 3 years ago, outside of a few programing changes and the return of the SE. I know I'm no expert on FT, but that seems to be a long haul for them.

With all this being said, I don't "know" anyone or anything, nor am I saying anything difinitive. As John put it, they'll come out with it when they come out with it. Garrett may pull an ace out of their sleeve.

I saw something about a new version of the Outlaw, called the Outlaw II. I wouldn't necessarily call it a new detector anymore than I'd call the GTI 2500 a new detector, because Garrett put a new mineral chip in a few years ago. It's just a modification, I won't say improvement since it has yet to be proven to improve anything, of older technology. Not to say they don't have plans to come out with something entirely new.

Well- based on past expierience, if they do release a new one it'll be a large bang for the buck.

Garrett is always too late coming out with new detectors. I have many garrett machines, but the last machine I bougt from them was a gti 2000. one month latter they came out with the gti 2500. I had too send in my gti 2000 to be upgrade to a gti 2500. It came back and didnt work at all. I sent it back twice before they got it to work. They are way past time to upgrade the gti 2500 or replace it. I got tired of waiting to buy a new machine from them and I bougt Whites v3i. Sorry Garrett but I have now switched to Whites. John Burch