Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

jury rig waterproof job?

beachguy777

Ok, I'm back. I admit it, I'm the new kid in town, but it's so much fun here, and I've had all these questions building up inside of me for the last month or so. I'll try and divy them out a little slower, but my latest greatest hairbrain idea is: "What if you wrap seran wrap around the control housing 2 or 3 times in case it falls in the water or a wave catches it off guard at the beach?? The scariest thing I can see about that is it might not get enough air to the housing and it might heat up too much. I actually called minelab in Las Vegas about that and I think he was a little unsure, or maybe I was about his answer. Anyway, that and maybe put some foam stuff in the lower shaft in case the water drains down the shaft into the control housing, which I actually read about that happening to a guy while he was walking back to his car. Thanks again, for all your input here and I feel like I've found a new home, I just hope I don't wear out my welcome.:)