Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a short comparison/observation about the Fisher f44 and a vanquish 440...nothing scientific here fellas

Mark ( ohio )

Once again I just recently started to reenter the hobby after a 2 yr break do to health issues and in the last 3-4 weeks have been out a very fair amount for a few hrs at a time.. Mainly I was hunting with the f-44 and a nel sharpshooter coil for probably the last 4-5 yrs and it served it purpose pretty darn good... Depth and target Iding in the 6-8 inch range were just about always spot on.. I picked up the "quish" 440 either late last season or at the start of this yr (can't remember for certain ) and used it about a half dozen times and hunted with it today for around 2 and a half hrs..

I really don't have anything bad to say about either.. In my area the depth are pretty close to each other.. where I like the f-44 over the 440 is the larger range scale of numbers available to id the targets.. The 440 today turned up a 1944 merc at a solid 8 inches with a 22 on the id. This is impressive to me because I hunted this same area for the last 20 yrs and used probably a dozen different detectors over the yrs here... A bunch more clad and a two tone gold earing found its way into the pouch.

I like what I seen today using the 440.. nickels were hitting at 13 from depths of 2-6 inches.. I hope to hunt a few more times before the ground freezes for the winter..

Take Care people.. like I said earlier nothing scientific just an observation..

Observations are better than some arm chair reviewer who think they know more just cuz they do......

Thanks for you observations.

One of the more exciting, and quite often perplexing, aspects of this grand hobby is eking out one more good target from a heavily hard hit area. How did it get missed literally dozen's of times and by all kinds of detectors? We'll never no for sure I guess, but it is kind of exciting to be stunned once in a while. Glad you are back and good luck. HH jim tn

Thanks for you observations.

One of the more exciting, and quite often perplexing, aspects of this grand hobby is eking out one more good target from a heavily hard hit area. How did it get missed literally dozen's of times and by all kinds of detectors? We'll never no for sure I guess, but it is kind of exciting to be stunned once in a while. Glad you are back and good luck. HH jim tn

Really the one thing working in my favor now is the weather is cool and the ground is extremely moist so digging is way easier now the in the summer... plus the signal is probably getting deeper with the ground so soft.... I'll keep at it till the ground finally freezes which may be another month at best..

HH Mark ( ohio )

Once again I just recently started to reenter the hobby after a 2 yr break do to health issues and in the last 3-4 weeks have been out a very fair amount for a few hrs at a time.. Mainly I was hunting with the f-44 and a nel sharpshooter coil for probably the last 4-5 yrs and it served it purpose pretty darn good... Depth and target Iding in the 6-8 inch range were just about always spot on.. I picked up the "quish" 440 either late last season or at the start of this yr (can't remember for certain ) and used it about a half dozen times and hunted with it today for around 2 and a half hrs..

I really don't have anything bad to say about either.. In my area the depth are pretty close to each other.. where I like the f-44 over the 440 is the larger range scale of numbers available to id the targets.. The 440 today turned up a 1944 merc at a solid 8 inches with a 22 on the id. This is impressive to me because I hunted this same area for the last 20 yrs and used probably a dozen different detectors over the yrs here... A bunch more clad and a two tone gold earing found its way into the pouch.

I like what I seen today using the 440.. nickels were hitting at 13 from depths of 2-6 inches.. I hope to hunt a few more times before the ground freezes for the winter..

Take Care people.. like I said earlier nothing scientific just an observation..

I bought a vanquish 540 and the Simplex+ for the beaches here in Okinawa. I will use the Simplex in the water and the vanquish on the sand and land. I will give some updates after they arrive and I have given them a good test run.

I bought a vanquish 540 and the Simplex+ for the beaches here in Okinawa. I will use the Simplex in the water and the vanquish on the sand and land. I will give some updates after they arrive and I have given them a good test run.
Just curious how the Vanquish vs Simplex on land turned out. I dont hunt in the water. Which is better on the land/field. Thanks

OkinawaHunter, how's the Simplex working out in the water. Are you hitting any fairly deep targets with it?