Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just A Thought...................:shrug:

morelic55

What if Tek were to develop a NON METERED machine in the 19kHz platform, like the Shadow X5, would anyone be interested? I'm no expert on the works, but just take the G2 and forget about the power it takes to power the LCD and juice up the audio. I LOVE the G2, but I relic hunt mostly with the audio. Seems like the manufactures are getting away from the "Beep & Dig" machines more and more. Make it for around $500 and count me in!!!...........Mark

Also, notice something else, the target will give weak audio but no VID at these depths, which is fine with me as I relic hunt too and I'm used to not having a VDI. And to be fair, if the target is 3/4 to an 1 inch closer to the coil the VDI will show a drop on the VDI, sometimes 20 or 30 number down from where they should be, Now, get the same target 1/4 inch closer than that and its dead on. I love Audio only targets, there normally good! So listen up and Dig right !!!

:thumbup::huh:

Or a G2 / Gold Bug Pro with the option to turn the LCD off and have those features switch in ..... now that would be good..... say $650.00 for the unit total price !

Yea, relic hunting is really using what's between your ears as a discriminator also............:detecting:

Mo that is a good idea but I like mine just the way it is and hope my machine never has to be serviced. If they could make a T-2 that ran as quiet as my G-2 and perform in trashy areas as well I might buy one for my G-2s back-up. HH :teknetics:

Just a thought, I would like to see a well balanced 15 inch concentric coil. I think that we would be shocked and what we would find in the deep with that baby. :ninja:

[I've had 3 and liked them except the EMI, man, they were STUPID deep in all metal, which that is the only mode I ran in. I'm gonna experiment with the G2 in all metal the next time I'm in the field. Hay season is gonna be here soon, so I'll be out of service until they cut in the middle of May or 1st of June. I just don't hunt much in the summer. Gets dry and hard to dig in these rocks we have around here!!!!............MO

quote=hershey1]
Mo that is a good idea but I like mine just the way it is and hope my machine never has to be serviced. If they could make a T-2 that ran as quiet as my G-2 and perform in trashy areas as well I might buy one for my G-2s back-up. HH :teknetics:[/quote]

Hey Mark----Ya gimme a good laugh on that one!-----If they was STUPID DEEP in am-----think how good they would have been if they was SMART DEEP!!!-----YEE HAW :rofl:

morelic55 said:
Just a slang saying from an old hill person here in the Ozarks!!!!!
Well I think it's a cool saying Mark.---Never heard it before & it just struck my "funny bone".-----Ya oughta hear some of our mid-west "sayins"! :biggrin:

I read where they are dicontiuning the 1270.I hope they do come out with a new unit.
I have the 75 limited and the TEK SE.
I use them out in the sticks and don't have a problem with emi.
I did sell my 8000,I bought it for hunting yards in town but the emi just ate its lunch.Out in the woods it did great
Maybe they will come out with a TEK 8000A or something that will not have all the emi problems.
Will be ordering a new gold bug friday.
I have had many different brands over the last 21 years but have never been as happy with a brand as I have been with first texas
I was a dealer for them back in the early 90's but didnt sell the junk very long.Very poor quality.
Glad that the new folkes that bought them out were determined to bring the level of quality back to the tek line and surpass it.
Nice job first texas:clapping: