Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a 'Token' post...

trojdor

It's been a while since CZc and/or I have posted finds....obligations and health issues...so I thought I'd make at least a 'Token' post to let you know we're still alive. :)

Here's a few shots of my 'oldies' from a couple of our recent short hunts...

Those little tokens are a bear to find. All three were quite deep and were very faint signals.
Surprisingly, I found both the CS tokens within an hour of each other.

The Kansas tax token comes from the era of the Great Depression, and was a way to keep from being overcharged tax on very small purchases (such as a 5 or 10 cent item).

The two Colorado Springs tokens are transit tokens...one primarily a bus token (the C inside the S one)...and the other for the CS&I electric trolley system that ran from 1902 to 1932.
Interestingly, I also found a smashed 1901 Indian Head penny nearby (at a solid 8.5") that had been flattened, probably by placing it on the trolley rails.

It was a popular pastime...and not only among kids...to make 'lucky keepsake coins' by placing them (especially pennies) on RR and trolley tracks/rails to be flattened and elongated.
You can see by the mild elongation of the IH penny that it was a relatively light vehicle...thus probably made by the electric trolley.

I included a photo of one of the actual trolley cars you could have ridden. (Maybe even the very one that made the lucky penny.) :)

HH,
:)
mike

n/t

Nice recoveries on those tough little tokens! Have never seen one from Kansas!

I wonder where that trolley picture was taken...