Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just an update

Pap

The new Whites detector is being used at a CW hunt in Virginia and, from a telephone call I received a few minutes ago, it may interest you to know that on this CW site it has been producing very, very well. I was told that the individual using it was following other detectors (all makes) and recovering bullets and buttons that were not being picked up by those detectors. Thought you might be interested.
Pap

Which new Whites?
BB

[quote BarberBill]Which new Whites?
BB[/quote]

BB, it's just a DFX called DFX300 in a black box, same detector as DFX BLUE , the other is MXT 300 same deal, new paint and numbers both with a 12 coil, which as we all should know means a little more depth and cover.`

Go Figure!!

Good Hunting!!

GaryL

i am disappointed that whitey took this route!..still hoping they got something hot in sweet home ready to introduce!

(h.h!)
j.t.

They do have at least one new detector. I believe it's the Whites Pulse Scan TDI. A photo of it is on the DIV site today.

Interesting pictures. I made a good buy on a super 12 coil a few weeks ago. I guess that means my MXT can now be an MXT 300. I'm a bit disappointed in Whites going this route, my self.
HH
BB

Hi pap,

That is either the same prototype I used last November or one just like it. The finished unit will look different. I have better pictures I took back in November, but no way was I posting them. You must understand that A. we are constrained by non-disclosure agreements and B. the companies rarely want anyone to see a prototype because they bear little resemblance to the finished product. They slap something together to test performance. The look, size, and weight do not matter.

I'm like the world's number one MXT booster. I turned on a lot of people to it's capabilities. This new unit is not an MXT. The MXT is one of the best, most versatile VLF detectors on the market today. This new unit is a powerful ground balancing pulse induction detector. It will not offer the fine degree of discrimination that can be had on a VLF unit like the MXT with it's numeric range based VDI target system. But it will offer the ability to punch deep in bad ground that foils VLF units. Mild ground, no huge advantage. The worse ground gets, the more advantage you will get. The redder the ground gets, the more you will like this new detector. But you will dig some junk, as the discrimination system is not what you would expect after using a unit like the MXT.

I am convinced that the nuances of the audio system on this unit will allow the smaller percentage of people who are skilled hunt-by-ear detectorists (like me!) to get very good results from this unit in difficult soils. I could tell it was talking to me but I did not have the time to learn the language. Novices need not apply. This is serious stuff for serious detectorists who will take the time to learn the unit and use it for what it is made for. And that is pulling up targets from difficult ground no VLF detector can touch. It should really do well for some relic hunters. Hunted out areas will produce again. It will also be a killer beach unit and prospecting machine.

If I sound like some kind of hype the product nut I can understand why you'd think so. I've not been so excited over a White's release in a long time. Some of it is because I personally had a bit player part in it. But mostly because it really is the type of unit I have wanted for a long time. Please do not read into this that I'm saying you need one or should buy one. This is not a detector for the masses. The truth is I have a hard time getting very excited over the latest VLF units. Yeah, neat stuff from time to time, but when it comes to sheer power it seems like we've tapped out. Ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI) units can deliver that power fix I crave, and it is such I'm willing to accept their limitations.

Steve Herschbach

I don't think this is a bad move on Whites part at all. The overwhelming response for the purchase of an MXT with the super 12 instead of the stock coil probably caused Whites to add another option to their great line of detectors. $799 for the MXT and $899 for the MXT 300 is a savings to the consumer. Can't wait to see the new line of Whites detectors coming soon.

When do we expect to see this new machine on the market and how
will it be different from the MXT? Should we all wait before buying the x-50 or x-70?:rofl:

yes i am aware of it!..however they KNOW what we are lookin' for,and it aint that!..c'mon kenny!..let's have it!..we know you are workin' on somethin;

(h.h!)
j.t.

from all accounts,just a derivative of the mxt!..it's got a big coil!..12"..wow!..whoopy ding!

(h.h!)
j.t.

a whole NEW line?..inquiring minds want to know!

(h.h!)
j.t.

[quote jmaryt]from all accounts,just a derivative of the mxt!..it's got a big coil!..12"..wow!..whoopy ding!

(h.h!)
j.t.[/quote]

Um, I don't believe this new machine has anything to do with the MXT! It's supposed to be a discriminating PI of sorts.

12" coil and some stickers, big deal. I would have been more exited to hear that they come out with a 10"DD coil at 6.59kHz. I'll make my own Eagle 200 stickers. Maybe this 300 thing is just a teaser. I hope there is still more to come.

i'm with you!..i think whitey is gonna surprise us,but he better hurry up because now's the time to introduce new technology!

(h.h!)
j.t.

yeah i am aware of that,however except for the "boys" down south in the relic game,everyboody else is lookin' for whitey to introduce a new "coin sniper" that competes with first texas technology.

(h.h!)
j.t.