Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just another ring sigh..hehehe

JimGilmore

Made it to 2 parks this am and found less than $2.00 I think haven't even bother to total my finds today. but i did find this ring that is either 10k or 18k with diamonds.
Thepawn guy though I could get $200 for it...
The regular jewelery store wanted to say it was worth $25 as scrap. When I asked if they were to sell it what was it worth and she would hem and haw sying its at least a 15 year old style and acted it it had NO value..... gotta love the capitalist system...no wonder why Islam hates us....
They just wont give a straight answer....

n/t

Dont ever take something to them pawn shops. They are a big rip off. That sure is a nice looking ring. Sometimes a jewlery stor will sell them for you. We have a local jewler here that we know each other. They have sold a number of my rings that had stones in them. They do charge a percentage. Good luck. KEN from Ind.

That is a nice looking ring. I found one that was stamped inside and looked like the real deal. It had what looked like diamonds. Turned out it was real. I found out by taking it to a jeweler to be for sure. I don't own a diamond tester. I had them do an appraisal. I felt it was well worth what I paid to know for sure what I had found. They gave me an honest answer of what I had. I went to a we buy gold and silver shop to have some other items appraised. That turned out to be a real waste of time. I ended up selling nothing there. I like finding jewelry, but sometimes it is nice to find coins, because what's on the face of the coin or the metal inside of it can be gauged a lot easier than some yahoo giving you a bunch of bologna about what the the jewelry is actually worth. Not that I am ever disappointed to see yellow or silver coming out of the hole. Congrats on finding a nice looking ring.

Nice find WTG! I've been in a gold slump for over a year! I'm starting to go through DT's every time I dig a handful of junk clad!

I have read people saying they can tell gold from junk from sound, wish I was that good :poke: but I think for the rest of us hackers there is a lot of this between the gold :sadwalk:

AJ

P7040002.jpg

I have to be honest and remind all of you that I am using the New to me Outlaw and the clean sweep(maybe Not so new now think I have had it about a month) . I am hunting with the discrimination almost fully open at bare minimun and max sensitivity.
I dig every signal I can get a repeatable and findable beep on. There are a few signals Iwill not dig. I do not dig plugs. The Drought here has the ground very dry and I can tell where others have triedto find targets and cut plugs.....It is NOT pretty.
Using the cleansweep and a simple probe I find my targets very quickly. I average 40+ coins in an hour, and numerous bottle caps and pull tabs plus there are other junk targets too.

diamond tester pretty cheap and they work, metal tester XRF not cheap, if you think its a real nice piece find a XRF at a uni or metal dealer , my assessment of jewellers is they know how to over charge on stuff and that's about all they are good at 90% of them know nothing about testing metal or stones !! only how to rip us off !! they have a degree in that !

AJ

To a trained ear on older Tesoro units one can certainly cut down the odds gold versus junk...You have to establish a honest gold and coin outfit and go from there.
Easily done by taking a good coin date or jewelry and one finds out quickly. For instance took a key date silver coin among coins to several and was given just the silver bucks for all. Once you find that picks out the key date and offers you a legitimate offer you have an honest dealer...Nice find my friend and would take it to a bunch of dealers and you should get a good idea on that ring which to me looks like a nice one..PS: They do put fake diamonds in 10 kt and sometimes even 14 kt so good luck...

maybe one day I will be that good :clapping: in the gold hunting department but I will keep digging and listening and see what comes out :biggrin: what I lack in skill I make up for in persistence guess we all have use what assets we have :bouncy:

AJ

With the clean sweep coil it is not so much a matter of skill. The coil is that good that when you find a target go side to side while pulling the coil towards you and the beep will go away when you pull the tip past the target.
So the target will end up being centered right at the tip of the coil.