Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just attended the Deus Bootcamp

coin-star

While the experience is still fresh in my mind, I'd like to wholeheartedly recommend that you TAKE THIS CLASS!

Seriously, I thought I understood how to run a metal detector until someone like Andy (and Hugh and Todd) come around and totally teach a new approach to get the most out of it.

They teach you WHY to use a particular setting, how to navigate the quirks of the Deus platform, and great tricks to help you leave the bad targets in the ground and put the good ones in your pouch. In addition you get many custom programs added to your Deus. Afterwards, we got to hunt at a site in Gettysburg where people found REAL relics. In the group hunt yesterday people found bullets, buttons, large cents, colonial items, foreign coins, and more. (and these were not the planted items). In addition there were tokens that Andy and team had planted which, if found, got you a chance at prizes. I personally found five civil war bullets, a button, and oddly six Canadian coins.

Not to mention, I got to meet a great bunch of people.

I would have paid the price of the class just to do a group hunt at that site in Gettysburg and in addition I got a half day of word class instruction and lunch. (AND then finished up detecting at one of the most famous battle sites in American history!!!)

Absolutely, positively worth the price!

CS

I wouldn't mind going if they hit someplace in the middle of Ohio. Just don't have the time to travel to TN or PA etc etc...

Great feedback . . . appreciate hearing that as do Todd Yerks (CTTodd) and High Campbell . . both experienced Deus users in their own right who shared their experiences and settings along with the basis for them.

Thankfully the weather held with just a threat of rain at the start of the in-field portion. The lightning got my attention . . . after all, what could possibly go wrong standing in an open field with a metal shovel when the lightning popped up :surprised:

The group made some first rate finds that tied back to the battle that was fought there in 1863. Glad that as many of the group found what they did . . . .

Digest what we covered and stay in touch . . . you will see what we covered makes more sense as you get your coil over more and more targets. The site we used was a challenge and if you were able to pull finds from that one, you can do it anywhere.

Andy

I'm very glad that you liked the class. Andy does a tremendous job with the content and the order it's presented makes sense to people. Good luck with your hunts and POST.
Be well
Todd

Andy Sabisch said:
Great feedback . . . appreciate hearing that as do Todd Yerks (CTTodd) and High Campbell . . both experienced Deus users in their own right who shared their experiences and settings along with the basis for them.

Thankfully the weather held with just a threat of rain at the start of the in-field portion. The lightning got my attention . . . after all, what could possibly go wrong standing in an open field with a metal shovel when the lightning popped up :surprised:

The group made some first rate finds that tied back to the battle that was fought there in 1863. Glad that as many of the group found what they did . . . .

Digest what we covered and stay in touch . . . you will see what we covered makes more sense as you get your coil over more and more targets. The site we used was a challenge and if you were able to pull finds from that one, you can do it anywhere.

Andy

Andy any plans on doing a class in Ohio?

We are looking at dates and locations . . . we are taking a group to Scotland this September and the planning for that has us tied up a bit . . . we can post locations as soon as we have details and dates

Andy Sabisch said:
We are looking at dates and locations . . . we are taking a group to Scotland this September and the planning for that has us tied up a bit . . . we can post locations as soon as we have details and dates

Thank You.... When you post it I'll let all the users I know around here about it as well...

Six months on, appreciate the bootcamp comments and hope things are clicking for you with the Deus. Love interacting with the bootcamp attendees as I often learn as much as I teach.

Hugh "Chase" Campbell