Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a Garrett A3B

PennyFinder

It came with the 8" Crossfire Supreme Goldhunter coil.
The A3B operates better in heavy mineralization with the newer Scorpion DD Eliptical coils:
http://www.goldminingcentre.com.au/articles/A3B.html

The 8" Goldhunter coil is a killer coin/ring coil on the Scorpion I hear, can't wait to try it out!:super::yo:

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett:

It is good and there are still some on Ebay, of which you can still have as new.
Here is one:http://cgi.ebay.com/Garrett-Metal-Detector-4-5-Crossfire-Goldhunter-Coil_W0QQitemZ220544592213QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33597b6955

The 4.5 GoldHunter is in my Scorpion's bag of tricks, which is why I've always wanted a 8.5" for greater ground coverage and depth in a concentric coil for coins and rings.

PennyFinder

Wonder if the Garrett A3B hits as hard on Canadian coins and rings as the Scorpion? :canadaflag:

Looks like the case is splash proof like the AT4 Beachhunter?

So many detectors, too little time !

PennyFinder

Sounds good!:thumbup:Congrats on gettin' that 8.5" Crossfire Goldhunter!:cheers: That's the one that I'm lacking for the Scorp!:detecting:Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks metalhead, I'm pretty stoked. The A3B has a VLF all metal and VLF motion discriminate mode, not the tr discriminate mode the Groundhogs have.
It should be a good little ring magnet and Canadian coin shooter the Scorpion is. Garrett made an American A3B and an Australian A3B for Aussie soil, it's written on the label.
I feel like a hound dancing around in circles, getting a dog biscuit!:hot:

PennyFinder

Have you tried that little 4.5 Goldhunter on your Scorpion in a trashy park Bill? It hits hard on coins, rings and micro jewelry, sounds like a piano key when it she goes off, don't ask me what note. Me thinks the Scorpion and this coil combination is the best of the Garrett machines for micro jewelry,very fine gold chains etc. :super:

Pennyfinder