Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just bought a i.d edge

bigdad75

I bought this detector for my son to start using,Ive had all the biggest and best detectors thinking this would be a good starter detector for him ,i cant believe I'm starting to use the id edge more and more,discrimination is perfect I'm not digging the nails like i do with the others, it lets me know whats in the ground without having to guess,I'm starting to like it so much that i bought a wireless ear bud setup for it.and i don't think there is much loss on the depth it picks up everything in my test garden just as good as the ET and the V3I.i just had to let it out i think I'm a old fisher fan now!!

The Edge is no slouch, you picked a good detector. Dimes on the meter will be #28 - 29. Quarters # 30 - 33. IH pennies # 16 - 21. Wheaties # 22 I think. I had the Edge, now I have the CoinStrike, they have the same meter readings. I think the Edge and the CoinStrike get about the same depth on coins. The CoinStrike has more features, is the big brother of the Edge. Nails? Some fool me, deep nails sound like deep silver to me.

:fisher: you made a excellent choice bigdad75 :thumbup: i also have a coinstrike and owned a fisher ID excel and love them all.

When I had my Edge it reminded me of the Tesoro's, probably why I liked it alot. Light weight, compact, easy to use, decent depth,
nice features. Only real difference so to speak, it's in a digital, touchpad form factor instead of knobs and switches.

sasquache said:
:fisher: you made a excellent choice bigdad75 :thumbup: i also have a coinstrike and owned a fisher ID excel and love them all for what thay are.

Excellent choice! The Edge is a great unit that most folks who never tried one didnt give it a chance. Took one look at it, called it a box on a stick, etc. I foolishly let mine go in a trade, but I'm looking to grab another used one somewhere cheap. Since alotta people wrongly think it was a dud, I'm sure I can get a nice used one cheap for coin shooting.

Detector Accessories forum. (See 10.5" coil for sale). Nearly the same as the Edge but has more features, has same ID numbers for targets.