Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just bought a new infinium

looks like i will be on the garrett infinium forum alot now, decided to sell my minelab se pro the brand i have used for a long long time and go back to were i started, it got to a point where finding the very old coins where i live any way has become non existant and if i have to find just newer coins i would rather give it up, but i decided to get the infinium and start looking for gold whether it be in lakes or the desert where i live, very glad to have a garrett infinium i think i will be happier. now to change my forum name

Congrats on the Infinium purchase. Get ready for the gold.

I love mine.

Darryl

HI Minelabmike,

Certainly a big change going from the SE to the Infinium.
It will be interesting to read what you have to say after a few runs with the Inf.

You are going to like the Infinium. I have been using mine for a few years now, and have found that in the beginning, it can be a bit frustrating until you learn it.

My advice is:

1 - Make sure you do a frequency check every time you hit a new area. Does not take long, but it is crucial

2 - Allow the unit to settle into the ground conditions when ground balancing....take your time. Some areas the unit will need a minute or maybe more, to sniff out the ground conditions and settle into a nice, smooth threshold.

3 - Don't run the unit 'hot' to start. Set it up in the 2-3 discrimination range. Don't worry too much about losing small gold or not getting depth. You will get plenty of depth and only the very tiny small gold may be missed. It's better to start at that level first in order to get to know the unit, how it operates, what it is telling you when it hits targets with the hi/lo and lo/hi tones, and it will run much smoother, not have any chatter and hardly false ( meaning sounding off on some 'ghost' signals that you may interpret and real targets).

4 - One thing I have to say is, I don't use the stock DD coil. I have the 10x14 mono on mine and that is all I use. One great thing about the unit is, you can change coils. I salt water beach hunt with my Infinium, and have found the 10x14 mono works the best for me and the conditions I hunt in.

5 - Last but not least...USE IT. Lots of guys have used it briefly and sold it. When I first started out with it ,I hit gold the first two times using it, one being a super nice 1 carat diamond engagement ring, so I was one of the lucky ones. But there were several times after, at different beaches, that I learned how to set it up correctly for the conditions. The key is to make sure you start slow and run it smooth for a few hunts. Once you get the hang of it, you can then juice it up and run it hot because you will start to know when it is hitting on a real target vs. the weaker chatter/false tones it may give off if applicable in the conditions you are in. One of the best thing about the unit is the hi/lo and lo/hi signals as they are clearly distinctive and can be heard above the chatter if running hot. Repeatable, hi/lo or lo/hi signals when sweeping from different angles are almost always a target ( still could be iron, but none of the less, a target).

Get out there, use it and have fun. I bet you will hit some gold in no time.

I concur totally with therover. I especially agree with Tip #1 , I am starting to do that routinely Now. Ken~Digs