Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a new Teknetics Omega 8500 Pro package

Mike Hillis

I got my Teknetics Omega 8500 Pro Pack yesterday.

1: The Omega 8500 Pro Pack is a factory assembled package. The 8500 Pro Pack is fully factory packed with everything in its place in the box. I really enjoyed unboxing it:
  • Omega 8500 with 11" Biaxial coil
  • 4" concentric coil.
  • Rain cover
  • TekPoint pulse pinpointer with holster
  • Arm strap
2: The date codes on the detector and the included Tek-point were all June of 2020 Everything was the latest greatest production run which is what I wanted.

I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Looking forward to sharing my 8500 adventures again.

HH
Mike

I currently have a Fisher F5. Had it long enough to know a move up could be a good thing now for my opportunities and styles have changed. I’ve been snooping the different forums to begin to see good from not so good models and makes. I’ve used your F5 Tips and Tricks advise and it has changed the way I’m doing things so will watch you and this model closely. Still haven’t hit that gold ring yet but its a comin’.....!

Hi Ron,
I found a lot of gold jewelry with the F5 so I know you have a good detector. You just need to learn how to read sites for jewelry hunting. Tell you what....go hunt clad. Clad tells you where people are losing things. Once you figure out "where", you'll start figuring out "why". 1st thing I do on a new site is hunt the known hot spots based upon my experience, then I hunt the clad to see if there are any specific hot spots for just that site. Amazing what you will learn hunting lowly clad.

Good luck.
HH
Mike

Morning!
Been hunting an intramural ball field used by University students for over 40 years. Used to have college baseball, 4th July fireworks, welcome back students openhouse picnics, summer sports camps, etc etc. I’ve pulled over $300 clad and in the neighborhood of $3 in silver. Not one gold ring or other jewelry.
Pretty sure I have a good line on where they drop stuff and the basic “cattle trails” on and off the fields. The F5 is a good silver shooter for sure and I missed probable gold by not knowing earlier that it shows up in the foil to zinc ranges but since have been educated some. Now I have to go back and somewhat retrace my one million steps all over again and look for those signals. Good thing Im retired.
I have two test rings, one broken the other whole, both 14k. Whole hits pretty good at 18-19 foil, broken does not register. If small strands of copper or fencewire sound off why not gold? Conductivity? Even a test with a GoldBug yesterday was iffy and operator said probably pass it. His Etrac even passed it over. If a machine can find a flake why not a 3.1mm band 1.8 grams?
Upgrade possibly give me more depth and maybe better reads on the display. I know these machines are what they are but example: yesterday pulled a 42 quarter out of a park about 2” deep (shock), digital solid 80. Moved over 8-10” and another solid 80 at same depth. It was a copper pin about 1.25” by 1/4”. Why?
I dont expect you to answer all this but that damned field might be where you eventually find my headstone......

Hi Mike,I havent seen this package available on Teknetics direct.com...It seems to be a nice pkg can you tell us where we can find an Omega 8500 pkg like you bought..Thanks....Mark

Hi Mark,
They aren't a sponsor so I can't put the name here. Just google the Teknetics Omega 8500 and they will show up.
HH
Mike

Hi Ron,
Doesn't sound like any of your detecting associates hunt gold. Squeeze it together and air test it and you'll see the detector treats it like any other ring. A broken band is essentially a just a small piece of low conductive wire. Nothing wrong with your equipment. You are just learning something about gold. Closed loop gold is easy to detect. Open loop gold is not. You basically have to key into a hot spot and dig gold range trash....high foil/low nickel range gold is the most common. say from 22 to 30 TID although I have some nice 18K white gold and platinum that is in the 18 and 19 numbers. But most fits within the 22 to 30 numbers.

Mens bands....probably start about 40/42 and go up.

The crowns on the rings change the TID, depending on the size of the crown and and how they affect the circle/loop. Sometimes they don't do anything and sometimes they move the numbers higher.....just depends.

HH
Mike

I got my Teknetics Omega 8500 Pro Pack yesterday.

1: The Omega 8500 Pro Pack is a factory assembled package. The 8500 Pro Pack is fully factory packed with everything in its place in the box. I really enjoyed unboxing it:
  • Omega 8500 with 11" Biaxial coil
  • 4" concentric coil.
  • Rain cover
  • TekPoint pulse pinpointer with holster
  • Arm strap
2: The date codes on the detector and the included Tek-point were all June of 2020 Everything was the latest greatest production run which is what I wanted.

I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Looking forward to sharing my 8500 adventures again.

HH
Mike

Mike, have you been out with the 8500? How’s it treating you?

Been out with it a couple times now...I find that 1st Texas hasn't made any tweeks to it. Has the same warts and bugs as the original release unit.
Need a couple of more "dates" with it to really post about it, though.

I bought it mainly to hunt large gold targets in the tab, screwcap & zinc range in my local parks. I like the feature set for that type of hunting.

HH
Mike

Been out with it a couple times now...I find that 1st Texas hasn't made any tweeks to it. Has the same warts and bugs as the original release unit.
Need a couple of more "dates" with it to really post about it, though.

I bought it mainly to hunt large gold targets in the tab, screwcap & zinc range in my local parks. I like the feature set for that type of hunting.

HH
Mike

Totally agree Mike, I had the 8500 for a while. The machine has a lot of potential but 1st Texas has ignored it. It needs to be tweaked. I used the 8000 for years, great machine. I found the magic numbers to be 55-56. When I got a solid " 56" with no bouncing numbers it was almost always a gold ring.

Hello Mike,
Looking forward to hearing about your future hunts with your new rig!
Just ordered a Gamma 6000 from teknetics since it should complement my g2+.
Definitely a good time to pickup a new “tector“ !