Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just bought a tesoro tejon

Ted

I just bought a tesoro tejon I have not got it in the mail yet but waiting. I have heard just the opposite as to what I am reading on here. I have heard the tejon can see through iron and still beep on a coin or gold. It has a quick recovery. you can pick out the good targets out of the trash. where other detectors wont even sound off. like when an xlt for example will mask out iron and there may be 2 dimes sitting around the iron you will just here the threshold blank out the iron and miss the dimes. I here the tejon will beep twice and let you know there is two good targets under the ground. Also I here it is killer on small gold and jewelry. so I just had to get one and try it out. I think it has alot to do with weather you understand how to operate the equipment you are using as to how much iron you find at least I hope thats the case now that I bought one. I will let ya know after I figure it out for myself. was wanting to know what the best coil to use for the tejon was if anyone has had much experience with it and how well does the stock coil do. I bought it mainly for finding jewelry. was wandering how it would work at a beach. does wet sand affect its performance. How about dry sand.Thanks Ted

The two best coils for the Tejon are the stock 9 x 8 and the 575. The 575 is killer in heavy trash and almost as deep as the stock coil. They do make a 12 x10 coil but its a double D and unless you have mineralization problems it is no deeper than the stock coil. Its awesome on coins and buttons on edge, hits hard on targets down 6 or 7 inches deep (by the sound you will think its a shallow target), and also hits hard on gold and other low conductive metals. Use good headphones, set your freq at the 3 o'clock position, disk just above foil. You can seperate targets and tell a good target next to iron once you learn the sounds of the Tejon, and it does do very well picking good targets from amongst the iron. If you need some advice once you get your machine, feel free to drop me an email. I would be more than happy to share with you what I have learned about the Tejon.

Scully
badgermd@tds.net

n/t