Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just bought a used CZ3D... anyone change shaft due to weight ?

martygene

I have read lots of threads and info on the CZ3D and I know that there is a weight issue. I know that most have hung the control box by the chest or belt. I'd rather not do that if i can help it so I wondered if anyone has ever played around with a different shaft to help distribute the weight? If not and I have to belt mount it do I need a cable extension and if so where do I get one? I don't even have it yet and already I want to modify it...lol. But i do know that I will have a problem with the weight as I regularly swing a DEUS. I really am looking forward to seeing what this TD tuned baby can do. What's old is new again.

Posted this Mod on here a while back:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?23,1985887,1985887#msg-1985887

HH

I agree with Dan, it's the ergonomics not the weight of the CZ's. A CZ mounted on a 1266 rod system would solve the ergonomics problem for sure.
Add a Sunray probe to that CZ and see how long it takes before your arm feels like it is gonna fall off. Even with the not so great top heavy feel of the CZ's, they are great machines and probably one of my favorite coin hunters of all time.

Roger

martygene said:
i'm new to the CZ world.. what is a 1266 shaft and might i find one?

A 1266x shaft won't work for a CZ because it has a battery box mounted under the arm that requires 8AA batteries fitted in to battery packs. You might be able to modify a CZ70 pro rod set up to accommodate a CZ3D. But it would require some machining to manufacture a mount for the CZ3D control box. Even then I don't think it would be any better ergonomically.

I could never swing any of my czs with the 10.5" coil without chest mounting it. At least not for long. It's a oat anchor lol. Deep machine....