Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought an explorer se with a "wot" coil. HELP!

DoughBoyDoug

It is way to big for me to learn the detector with I can already tell.
I started with an ace250 and I know I have a big road ahead of me. What I would like suggestions on are smaller coils. any coil that is closer to standard size would be what Im interested in. the se didn't come with anyother coil that the orange one.
what do you guys think would be good for me to start out with so i can learn the machine the right way.
sorry if im rambling but i heard this was a good site and i could use a little help. i hope to become a regular here but probably wont show many finds. thanks

Doug,

I would suggest you picking up the pro coil for the SE. Many people love that coil and are very happy with it. If you can afford to keep the WOT also I think you will be very happy with that one down the road as well once you get to know your machine a little more.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Michelob

thanks michelob. wow that was fast. I have been reading about the minelab small coil too but I think i would like to stay with a "normal sized" coil or something close. ive seen good things on the pro coil, sef coil, and a couple of others. heard the pro coil is light too which is a good thing. thank you for your advice.

Make sure you read Bryce's tests of different coils at the top of this forum page ...:thumbup: .... and Good Luck.... Bill

I found a used 1050 coil on another site for 60 dollars which was 30 cheaper than a small minelab coil. Its been working pretty good for me.
thanks for the test post on all the coils. for the price it is a good one.