Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just checked the FedEx tracking and see the following:

bertman

11/13/2014 - Thursday
7:28 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery TULSA, OK

Can't hardly stand it... :clap: My upgraded F75SE is almost here... :detecting:

Robert

My Upgrade arrived this morning. The new user manual that came with it contradicts the Keith Southern You Tube video about The DST being located on version 9.1, the manual states it's on 9.0 and is the default setting when switched on. This is going to cause a lot of confusion and needs to be clarified by Fisher.

adespin said:
My Upgrade arrived this morning. The new user manual that came with it contradicts the Keith Southern You Tube video about The DST being located on version 9.1, the manual states it's on 9.0 and is the default setting when switched on. This is going to cause a lot of confusion and needs to be clarified by Fisher.

Just test it to clarify. They may have changed it since test units. Or they just got it backwards in the manual. FTP manuals are full of errors.

My f75 left for the upgrade on 10/30/14 and I just got confirmation that its heading back to me as of last night 11/13/14. Seems like they are right on schedule with the turn around time.

11/13/2014
Waited all morning/afternoon for the upgraded beast to show before having to go to work...
Got home from work, and the better half put it in the garage to keep condensation away after being in the delivery truck for 11+ hours of below freezing... Took me 10 minutes to wrap the coil wires around the shafts for both the 5" and stock coil...

Started out the back door at 9:45pm in total darkness to locate the test garden...

Fired the F75SE up, without checking to see if 9.0 or 9.1 was in use and cranked the sens from the new default of 80 to 99 then switched to zero disc... Silence was all I heard... At this point in time, I am smiling to a point I knew the neighbors could see my choppers thanks to the glow of the backlight... Never realized how bright the backlight was as I could barely make out the 5" coil through it...

Anyhow, located the 5" war-nickel and 8" silver rosie and realized I hadn't ground balanced...
Ground balance selected 62/63 just as before the upgrade...

Proceeded to go through the tones as demonstrated in the video Keith Southern made...
Thanks Keith...

The "1n tone" is very cool but I mainly coin hunt and with 4H tones, successfully located all the 5"+ coins in "DE" mode... Switched to "FA" mode and the F75SE chattered like crazy (reminiscent of zero disc before the upgrade)... Had to back the Sens down to 60 before the ears could tolerate the sound... I'll need to try this again sometime next week as we are expecting temps in the 50's to see if the “FA” mode works better elsewhere...

FA mode Sens at 60:
Just a peep of a signal with the 5" coil on the 8" silver rosie...
Able to get a clear signal with the stock coil on the 8” silver rosie...

DE and JE mode Sens at 1:
Was able to obtain a clear signal on all test coins (except 11” clad quarter)

BP mode Sens at 99: (quiet as a mouse in both 9.0 and 9.1 modes)
Found the 11" clad quarter (added to the test garden 3 months ago) with stock coil...
Absolutely hammered on the 8" silver rosie and the 5" coins sound as if they are just under the surface...

Can't wait till Wednesday 11/19/2014 to get out and re-check several places I've pounded with the
F75SE and E-Trac...

Robert

You will like it. Deepest VLF detector I have ever used and quiet as a mouse now.

The Mouse That Roared!

Bertman, The smile never leaves. You'll catch yourself detecting with a stupid grin on your face and wondering if you look crazy to the folks around you. :wiggle:

HH
Mike