Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Curious....who's been lucky enough to ever find a US gold coin??

Trust me, its nothing but dumb luck !!!! Took me 15 years of hunting in England before I found my first gold !!! It was a very expensive coin !!! :))))))
If you have the means, it is worth the trip. Finding a US gold vs foreign, is slim to none. Most trips to England at least 1 person finds a gold coin. My last trip, some guy found 2 !!!
and I wasnt too far from him.

As far as counting, the post stated 'US gold coin' but I DO count all mine !!

Timing is everything in this hobby. Just being in the right place at the right time ,is 99% of finding great things. However, I do know some people that always seem to find the really
good stuff quite often. Me I have to work really hard at most everything. I hunt almost daily putting 4-5 hours. No one ever said it would be easy !!! But its so addicting !!!!! :)))))

HH
Donna

Oh man o man.... three strikes gold coins is fantastic, and more wonderful is a ten $$ coin talk about scarce major congrats on all the gold coins..

What was the denomination of the coin and how did it ring up on a target ID machine ?? ( and which machine did you use )

Any finders out there..

Mark ( ohio )
$2.50
The audio response was very good.
It didn't register a VDI number for Target ID because I was using a Garrett Ground Hog, 15 kHz, 7" coil, and it was the summer / fall of 1978, about 5 years before Target ID was introduced on a detector by the original Teknetics.

Monte

$2.50
The audio response was very good.
It didn't register a VDI number for Target ID because I was using a Garrett Ground Hog, 15 kHz, 7" coil, and it was the summer / fall of 1978, about 5 years before Target ID was introduced on a detector by the original Teknetics.

Monte

Oh man o man.... three strikes gold coins is fantastic, and more wonderful is a ten $$ coin talk about scarce major congrats on all the gold coins..
Thanks for the kind words. It surely is a thrill to see them in the dirt. Each time, you just cant believe what you are seeing.