Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just currious

finnfoto

Anyone have any pic's of there own personal detector customizations to there units.? Color schemes, mods. off the wall colors.?

:thumbup:

I don't have any myself, but I sure wish someone would design some really nice looking peel-um stickers to cover the speaker holes and slots.

Using headphones makes the speaker unnecessary, except for a back-up.

I can just see a lot of sand getting into them at the beach.

So having the holes and slots covered sure would alleviate the worry of getting dirt and sand in them.

Putting tape over them work would, but it would look like crap.

Speaking of which. That would be a perfect idea. I just had that happen actually and had to open up the housing on my cibola from a beach trip and blow it all out with the air hose. I can almost gurantee its not all out.. So I took waltdwiz' advice and stuffed the unit in an otter box.

Its a piece of heat shrink tubing. It just needs to cover the area where the toggle enters the switch to keep the dirt out. The tubing does not hinder switch movement.

If you look close, you can see the grit that would have been in the switch

.[attachment 202529 DSCN3903.JPG]

As for covering the speaker grill with tape.... beware, experience talking here now. I did this to another brand unit and upon pulling the tape off for some reason, the detector face decal came off with the tape which was no longer available. So much for keeping a unit looking like new. Use tape at your own risk.

tabman said:
I don't have any myself, but I sure wish someone would design some really nice looking peel-um stickers to cover the speaker holes and slots.

Putting tape over them work would, but it would look like crap.

OK here's something we used to use back in my MX racing days to keep the decals from wearing off the gas tank---contact paper. And it's removable.
Check out all the patterns at this site, you'll get an idea of what designs you might like.
Contact Paper Link
You can find it almost any big box department store such as Walmart or home decorating stores. A roll would be about $6.00

Will be testing these to see how well the ink holds up to salt, sand, and sun..printed on vinyl went with dark and lite, few other modes, peltors, ear gel pads, Doc's treasure amp, carbon fiber shaft, copper EMI shielding, remote PP/Disc button, Bulgin WP connectors, white's tall mans lower shaft with excal rod ends, and "Nylon 6/6 glass rod end bolt, thanks to my Buddy BarryNY"

OBN,

What program did you use to design your labels/stickers? Those things look great.

O..I used PhotoShop,.C3...........Save me a Picture you like for this winter..Just a regular Beach shot or what every..........I can put one together iin a few hours...I'm hoping they hold up well..I did put a very thin coat of clear on the Dark one, just to see if that improved the duribility. Had two of the lightier one's made, one gets the full 24 / 7 treatment in my back yard, other the beach ..................with maybe 30 days in the beach elements. thanks again for the Nice surprise..O rings, Dow 111..I owe you one ...........

OBN,

Sounds like a winner. I have to make some kind of simple label for now, the one I have is all but destroyed. I am thinking about just making each control knob a separate square and stick those on individually. This would have the benefit of being able to see the interior of the control pod and detect any water entry easily.

Hi,everybody.
Followed your link for Contact Paper.I like the RUSTIC WOOD.