Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JUST FEEL LIKE SHOUTING

Sanddigger

With permission from the land owner and blessings from the farmer until crops are in, today Teak and I got kicked off the field we have been hunting for the past 2 months.

The reason

Some people are rude and have no concern for other people or property! If you see a farm field that is planted why would u walk right into the field and start digging...not to mention you didn't have permission in the first place!

People like that are creating a big issue for the rest of us that do the proper thing by getting permission! I told the farmer I would not hunt anymore in the field that has been yielding some great finds for me and Sanddigger. Because since we have been detecting this little area others thought it is ok to start hitting the surrounding fields, some planted. The farmer told me in the last 2 weeks he has chased off between 10 to 12 people that were in fields detecting without permission!

I know how you feel Sanddigger! I lost count of how many times I was refused permission or told not to come back because of the actions of other Relic hunters. I had permission to hunt a farm that bordered the Gettysburg battle field and some other Relic hunters who didn

Should be "screaming" in the title.
SO many times---get permission-take your time MDing carefully and respectfully and either one of two things happen. Other "people" just give themselves permission-by entitlement or get permission and compete with you.(which really sucks on a small property)

Like some little child-the most oft sounded whine-"well he's doing it!".

SO many places that you can't MD now days and you even lose the private property permission spots. Gets to be TOO much sometimes.

I really don't know which is worse- returning to find either scars or evidence of others OR looking up and seeing that somebody has "joined" you either by false entitlement or by using your presence to "whine" their way on.

I don't know which is more anger provoking= the walk on that ignores you or the guilty -nervous kind that wants to be your "pal".

Nothing like MDing angry- real toss up which I hate more-that or losing permission. Feel like I should wear a sword and a taser sometimes.

Fantasy- leaving as a target for future MDers--a complete specimen with a metal detector complete with the buttons, zippers-filled teeth-empty MD bag and a horror twisted permanent expression.

that same situation has happened to me and landowner became frustrated and lost a nice spot close to home.Some people do not put in the time to ask permission and take a dozen no,s to get one yes.I just keep on doing the right way and it pays off in long run.