Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just For Fun...

cabochris

I have owned and tried many detectors, including an early Whites Beach Hunter ID that I liked. My main detecting interests lie in beach and water hunting and my detector of choice for that are ML Excalibur IIs. But I also like to land hunt every now and then. I'm also into hunting rifles and have gone full circle from 30-30 to 416 magnum, and after owning way too many rifles, have finally settled on the good old 30-06 for just about everything.

I bring that up because I am wondering if I have way too many detectors too! Not counting speciality detectors such as a gold nugget machine or a pulse, and just for fun, is there 1 detector these days that could serve 80 to 90% of my detecting needs, and do it well? That brings me back to the Whites Beach Hunter ID. Is this the ultimate do nearly anything detector ever made, just as a 30-06 rifle can do nearly anything in the big game hunting fields?

The BHID is well balanced with 3 tone ID, target ID lights, breaks down small enough for travel, is simple to use and seems priced fair. One could use a BHID obviously at the beach, in both fresh and saltwater, at the park and in the rain! I could say nearly the same thing about my Excaliburs or CZ20s, but the BHID just seems better suited for land hunting, plus is better balanced for extended land hunts.

So, is the BHID the 30-06 of detectors today? Because I just use one rifle these days, I know it well and am good with it. I am wondering if I switched to a Whites Beach Hunter ID for most of my detecting on land and in sea, would I get very good with it too?

Do any of you just use a BHID for all your detecting? How are you doing? Any thoughts? Thanks CC.