Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just found this forum

WV62

I just got my new E-trac a couple of weeks ago, I have one hunt under my belt. This is where I need to be in the classroom.

Ron in WV

You have a lot of experienced e Trac users to draw information from.

I have been going through the manual and I have the E-Trac emulator load on my laptop. So I read a little until I think know how to do something and then work it through the emulator until I get it right and then go to the detector and do the same thing there.

I was working one editing and making patterns manually. So I have made several patterns for the common older US coins I may find around here. Some worked and some didn't.

So this morning I done my book and emulator time on how to do the auto accept pattern maker. This evening I took that to the back yard with the detector and my sample coins and worked on that a couple of hours. That seemed to me the way to go.

So am I on the right track? My hope is I will have a coin pattern that will knock out a lot of trash and give me a clean shot at some nice silver coins. One of my manual made single pixel patterns I made, I was swing over my sample silver coins and I noticed my silver quarter was getting a really short tone compared to the other silvers I had laid out. So I went into edit auto accept single pixel and swing over the quarter a few times and cleaned the signal right up.

Ron in WV

So The Etrac loves discrimination, whether I have it tight or open, it doesn't seem to affect the depth in my test garden. So run it tight if you wish, I run a version of Bills Trashy Park Program virtually all the time when I'm in conduct.

So it has been about 3 years now and I am still learning the E-Trac. My setting changes have settle down a lot and the same for my patterns. The nice thing about the E-Trac is even while you are learning you can make some pretty good finds, which keeps the interest level pretty high for me.

Ron in WV

I like that about you Ron...been running it for 3 years and still learning. That is what we call a “realist”. I’ve also got ALOT of hours on the CTX and Explorer, and I am still learning. Not only is EVERY hunting scenario different, but every TARGET is different. Learning to recognize commonalities in desirable signal responses, especially with trash mixed in, takes ALOT of time. Many guys have a machine for a couple months and decide it’s not for them...this is where FBS machines are ABSOLUTELY unforgiving. If you aren’t completely on board for the long haul, it doesn’t care. You won’t ever realize what a true marvel they really are.