Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just glad it wasn't a D mintmark

electroman680

I had some pretty good luck the other day huntin.....but I about messed my shorts after seeing my huge scratch moments before seeing the 1914 date on that cent.... How could I do something this STUPID? I thought as I rubbed off the dirt luckily not finding an S or a D mintmark. (The last 1914 I found was an "S") On a more positive note, my next finds were a pretty cool holed token and an old Dog Tax tag from 1917. I ended the day with a 1963 rosie, several wheats and 21 pulltabs :confused: and not one nickel. Well, there's always tomorrow.

Thanks for lookin and H.H.

Even in my last posting, I hit a Wheatie pretty bad due to it being in some road gravel and luckily it wasn't anything special for a date. I've hit Coins more times than I can remember just due to pinpointing being off, being the angle the Coin was sitting in the ground or Junk next to the Coin. I also sometimes get off due to being in a hurry and have started to slow down and pinpoint a little more careful but there is always going to be something you knick no matter how careful you are. Anyways, Congrats on the Token since those are really fun to find and neat Dog Tax Tag as well. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

If it were a D mintmark and you scratched it, you would feel
just as bad as you do now with no mintmark. Still a nice find.:clapping:
I think all of us have scratched a coin ot two due to all of the
things that James N.D. mentioned in his reply..... so we all
try to slow down and do it right the next time.:thumbup:
Congrats on a good hunt and good luck on the next one........
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Love the token! Electro I can't how many times I have scratch my finds, I know the feeling on how it makes your stomach drop when you see that.

Keep up the great work - HH

My first barber (back around 1980) was a 1900 quarter and I did the same thing you did, right across the front, made me sick but atleast we found them. Go hit that place again. HH John