Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got a 5900 di pro sl c/b

donl98632

I had a beat up older 5900 di pro sl that I swore I would never get rid of, then thought I just had to have one of the newest detectors so sold the 5900. Well the newest was not my cup of tea, so worked out a trade for a 5900 c/b edition. I was amazed at the condition of the detector when I opened the box, this is at least a 9.5 out of 10 5900. Got a chance today between rain showers to test it out, and it performed as I expected. I just love the sound a coin makes on the old analog detectors, music to my ears.

If anyone ever see's my trying to sell this detector please e-mail me, and tell me what a idiot I am............

Congratulations with getting another 5900Di-Pro, I think you learned a lesson you won't be getting rid of this model.

Same here, came across a clean 5900 di-pro last year, probably my 3rd or 4th in my career. So it's staying, like you it's a keeper.

Congratulations!
Paul

Who can blame you? A proven winner in my book.. i paid $75 for mine at a yard sale years ago..it's paid for itself 10 times over or more.. for park hunting and micro jewelry hunting they are excellent in my opinion... i find the old original thin pancake coil to be more responsive. .. enjoy..

With my 5900 CB I like to use a smaller search coil like the 6½" concentric....just crank up the Signal Balance and adjust the Ground Balance in tune with the higher gain. When adjusted this way, a slower sweep speed can be used, not Tesoro slow by any means but comfortable and relaxed sweep. Or you can sling the do do out of it in less targeted areas.

Yep,
Good for you!
Hang on to this one......
I was pretty lucky and got a 6000di pro...that the guy said didnt work ....free bie..
Took it apart and found a blown resistor...that . could barely see the color code on..just below(the speaker on the main circuit board) where some liquid spilled onto the
Machine through the speaker holes....got close as i could with a replacement resistor.
And.......SsssHhhaaaazzzzaaammm!!
The.darn thing worked!
I love my 6000di pro......it's and oldie but goodie.....still finds coins..
Don't let go of your replacement!
HH

Thanks for all the replies, nice to see there are a number of hunters still using the older detectors.

HaloEffects, you sound a lot like me, I started detecting in the early 70's also. My first detector was a 5000 series Whites and for a number of years Whites detectors were all I used. I see that you have a Eagle 2 SL which is one of my favorites. I also have a Eagle 2 SL 90, will show below my small detector collection.

Whites 6000 di series 3
5900 di pro sl c/b
Eagle 2 sl 90
Eagle Spectrum
QXT
XLT
Fisher Edge id
Garrett Master Hunter 3

Don

Don, just curious, how does the eagle 2 sl compare to the 5900.. heard lots of good things about the eagle over the years... thanks.. bootyhoundpa. .