Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just got a vx3 and have a question

mike_pa

hopefully someone can help me with this because I am totally lost. I just got my vx3 in the mail today and took it out a bit after work and was detecting but it was getting hard to see the screen so I tried to turn the back light on and when I did the detector shut off. I tried a few different ways to turn it on through the menu but the same thing kept happening. I just put new batteries in it when I got it so I know it cant be that. so I was wondering if anyone here had any idea what I am doing wrong or is this detector broke already. Thanks for the help

that definately shouldn't happen..the backlight is adjustable with the up and down arrows..it should not power off the unit..it should be accesible in the live menu which you can toggle through on the main screen.if you google vx3 shuts off when i turn on backlight you'll find some answers...one person said his main board needed to be replaced..i would call white's..

You can scroll over to backlight on the live controls and turn it down. Then turn the detector off and back on and try to turn backlight by scrolling to backlight and pressing enter this should work if not call Mary Hudson at the whites factory She may be able to offer additional help or She can let you know to return it for replacement. Good luck hope my steps work. Stinks to return a new machine!!!!!! HH c t

the back like right now is set to off. when I access it through the live menu and hit the up arrow the detector shuts off. It does the same thing when I go into the main menu and try to use the right arrow to turn it up. I guess I will just have to wait and talk to someone at whites tomorrow when they open back up. Im kind of disappointed because I just traded a guy for this detector and he said there was no problems with it. Shame on me I guess.

The guy a got this from is a real good guy I doubt he know it was doing this. Something could have happened to it during shipping. Does anyone know Mary's last name or have a number she can be reached at? Thanks for the help guys!

Gotta say hats off to Todd at whites main office! Five minutes on the phone with him and my problem was solved. Turns out the ribbon wire got knocked loose during shipping. Saved me a lot of head ache. And a big thanks to everyone on here for the help! Happy hunting!

It is definitely a different breed of machine than I am use to. Going to take a while to learn its language.