Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got a whites mxt pro

I sold my MXT Pro to a buddy who wouldn't hunt with anything else until he bought an EQ. A very good turn on an go machine. Was one of the last of the machines with large concentric coil which is easier to pinpoint even with a larger coil plus good ground coverage. With the large concentric coil decent depth though not as good as newer high end machines.

Steve Herschbach has posted a ton about this one, others have too for years, plus many YouTube vids out there.
Google is your friend.

I just got a whites mxt pro and wanted to see if there is any good advice on coils for it, or any advice
Waterdog, Congrat's on the MXT Pro. I have one and really like this detector. It is a good CW Relic hunter, and a good all round detector. Whites has a good selection of coils for their detectors, and if you haven't already heard, Garrett has bought Whites. If you want to use a large coil, I have a Whites Super 12' coil for sale. Used 2 times. I am recuperating from rotator cuff surgery, and I plan on using my lighter 10' coil. If you might be interested let me know and I could send you some pic's of the coil and cover. Best of luck to you with the MXT. You will like it.

Best advise, dig lots of targets and learn to hear the quality of tones. Screen can be helpful but don't rely solely on numbers. Masked items can and will show lower numbers that may fool you into not digging. Coin and Jewelry mode is a bit weak. Ground balance properly over clean ground and Lock ground balance. After becoming totally comfortable with and learning your machine well then explore "Alt" mode, which for me was a total mind and game changer. I would seriously get the Detech 8x5. White's coils are not great. White's 9" concentric and 6" are not terrible but most others are.

I have an MXT-300, never used the Pro
I love the 950 concentric,, dig the deep whispers. I love the 5.3 concentric at really old, low modern trash home sites, dig everything with a positive reading. I love the 8X6 Detech Butterfly coil. Goes pretty deep for a small coil. Swings great.