Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got a XP Goldmaxx V2.4. Are they as good as I hear?

silverman

Been wanting to try one for a while, and found one so I can pick up coins in iron. Anyone else have one? Also, is the 5x10 better than stock for my purpose?
Thanks in advance

Where did you get it? They don't ship them to the U.S....frequency thing, I believe. Heard they were excellent in iron, as good or better than the Deus. I want one.

They are brilliant machines in the iron.The stock coil is an excellent coil and the only one you really need to be honest.I do not think that the 5x10 will give you any significant advantage other than getting into tighter spaces......it is no better in the iron.

Thanks Neil! That's what I was hoping to hear. That just saves me $150 on a new coil. I want to do some testing with it against my Red Heat XD 17. I don't think iron will hide any goodies anymore.
Have a great day!

Yes stock coil works best and detector not bad too, sadly doesn't have small coil like Tesoro 5,75. I think in UK its made to big name compared to other detectors makers and price got a bit to high. I have one, but not much like it for few reasons, one its doesn't have ALL METAL function, second doesn't have manual ground balance, thirdly XP do not make small coils like Tesoro. weak point coil cables, not robust. Now I prefer Tejon with small coil over Xp Gold maxx.

silverman said:
Thanks Neil! That's what I was hoping to hear. That just saves me $150 on a new coil. I want to do some testing with it against my Red Heat XD 17. I don't think iron will hide any goodies anymore.
Have a great day!
I think you will find that the xp is better than the red heat in the iron.With the xp it is a matter of practice and remembering a few important points.Firstly,do not try to "grab"to much ground with the ground accept/reject knob.....set it so the machine always runs smooth with no chatter.Secondly,never overcook the sensitivity on this machine.....the xp is a very powerful machine even at fairly low settings and running it too hot will hinder the machines strength which is finding small valuable items in very high trash areas.These machines opened up many ancient sites over in England where other detectors struggled.........their ability to locate tiny hammered and roman coins in very high trash areas is almost legendary.Good luck with it.....i'm sure that if you stick with it your finds rate will increase.