Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got back from Costa Rica

I just got back from two weeks of driving the roads in Costa Rica with my sister and my brother-in-law. My GPS receiver saved our butts on several occasions.

Driving in Costa Rica is nothing like it is here in the USA. Signs are few and often confusing. I brought along my Lowrance iFinder H2Oc with the Map Create map for Costa Rica loaded onto the SD card. The map for that area only has some of the major roads but it still helped us a lot. Also, before I left home I used Google Earth to get coordinates for many of the towns in Costa Rica. I manually entered these in the iFinder to create waypoints.

It was very helpful having our trail traced on the map. This allowed us to just follow our trail back on the return trips. Several times we missed a turn and the only reason we knew it was because we could see that our trail on the GPS receiver's display was no longer overlapping our previous trail. I hate to think of how far we would have gone off course without using GPS. I would never consider going there again without my GPSR.

This photo is one I made of a waterfall in Braulio Carrillo National Park.

John

Good shot! Looks like a lovely place and with many photo opportunities. Yup, beside GPS, I'm also a photo nut!
More to the point; Thanks for sharing this story. This is one of these applications where GPS is hard to beat!

Andrew, I am a photo nut too. I shoot mostly nature photography that I sell through a stock photo agency. On three previous trips I took photos for the Costa Rica tourist dept. - John