Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got back from the Treasure coast

Returned last night around 10pm boy am I TIRED. The treasure coast was beautiful, the storms did alot of damage to the beaches.. We got there fri. & hunted hard, from sunrise to sunset, they close some of the area beaches at dusk, so we really did not do any night hunting. We met alot of nice people & had a wonderful time. They say finds are few & far between, that's no lie. We must have walked atlest 20 miles & found only a few clad coins, yesterday the last day my friend found a small silver cross, that was just dropped. The beaches were sanded in very bad, with every step you sank 4 ". Bottom line we had a Great time , met alot of beautiful people & seen Beautiful sunrise's & sunset. Will we do it again you ask, YOU BET, God willing I'll try next year again.
Good Hunting & God Bless

It's on the east coast of Florida, between Vero beach & Serbastion inlet. This is where the Spanish fleet went down in the 1700's bringing gold , silver & gems back to Spain. I think there were something like 12 boats. Mel Fisher has a museum of the found treasures that his company has found. They have shows on the travel channel about the wrecks, there pretty cool.

n/t

Glad you had a lot of fun and met nice people but better luck and God's blessings for better finds while :twodetecing: next year. I've been to the gold coast and watched Roy Volker dig out the bottom of the ocean and pile the sand and gravel on shore but he didn't find a lot while I was there! I would like to go again but probably won't be able to do so! My mother passed away while I was there in 1984 and was sad for me and my brother, Cliff, who at that time lived in Hollywood, FL. Our club pres and his wife drove me from Vero Beach to Hollywood to my brother's place and we took the airplane back to MO for mon's funeral. The first and only time I was ever on an airplane! Beautiful scenery as I was sitting by the window but hard to concentrate from crying so much! May God Bless you and yours and hope you find lots of nice goodies and go :detecting: often! :angel:

Betty

Thank you Betty, So sorry to hear how your trip went . The Lord works in many ways, you still might get back to the Treasure coast. May God Bless you & yours.

Thank you gobble-gobble and maybe I will get back down to the Treasure Coast someday. Cliff's family live down there and he might want to go visit them sometime and our sister and I would probably go down also! I wouldn't want to live there though....I don't like sand in everything! :biggrin:

The 80's were sure hard on me with mom and dad's death in the same year of 1984...about three months apart and then my ex leaving in 1986 and we divorced in 1988! But with my Lord and Savior, Jesus, I made it through those trying years and I am closer than I ever was to Him now!

May the detecting and getting out to find coins and relics be bountiful and joyous for you and all who go :detecting: :)

God Bless! :angel:
Betty

Like those who go deer hunting.....sometimes it's a "dear" with two legs! :rolleyes: :shrug:

God Bless! :angel:
Betty