Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got back the Compadre!

fltacoma

Good news! Just got back in the mail the compadre w/8" that had the sensitivity way out of whack. It came back promptly and big thanks to Tesoro! Rusty even worked on it :)

Gonna ship the Deleon, Cortes, and Outlaw here in a couple minutes to see if there really is a problem.

That's what I was thinking, but the detectors and the coils are flawless, not to mention that they were still factory sealed with the Tesoro tape. The Compadre w/5.75" and the Silver Umax didn't have any problems at all....

slingshot said:
You must have gotten some preowned detectors. Your posts indicate that.

That happens... I've seen several of the same used Tesoros show up on ebay again a month or two later. In fact, I've sent two back to their sellers after they sold them as "good working"... The Amigo II was DOA, and a Cortes needed a new GB pot and looked like it had been sprayed with DEET (and it didn't show in the somewhat blurry pics...).

There's an $800 Golden on ebay right now that's been sold at least once. Whatever you do, don't but that one...

The Cortes had its battery pack still sealed. Now the DeLeon was an in store demo, so I'm sending it in to make sure it's good to go. The Outlaw just had a problem with its 12x10 coil (part of the three coil pack). When I looked at the detectors , there wasn't even a scratch on the bottom of the coils at all. I assure you, they aren't pre owned! Also, all three detectors still have their warranty cards that are being sent in as well.