Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got me a CZ-6. Anyone got any advice on its use?

EZ2Find

Just picked up a very good condition CZ-6. Since I'm not really a Fisher kind of detectorist, mainly Minelabs
and an Eric Foster PI, was wondering if anyone out there can offer advice, pointers and best usages of the CZ-6. Much thanks for any information.
EZ2Find

The original CZ-6 had a "pigtail" connection for the headphones, and maybe the coil cable, I'm not sure. They redid that to the modern 5-pin connection and a 1/4" jack for the headphones with the CZ-6A.

The 6A is an old, but still top-notch unit. Basically, it's just like the CZ-5 (which I use as my primary land detector), except it doesn't have an external speaker, and it "weather-resistant". Honestly, I wish they had never discontinued that one, as I will ocassionally hunt in a light rain, with my coat draped over my hipmounted CZ-5.

If you don't have a manual, go to Fisher's website, on the contact page, at http://www.fisherlab.com/contact_us_Form.cfm and see if they will send you a manual for it. Email them, and ask about the Adobe .pdf version, and they may have it back to you that day.

Learn how to properly ground-balance the unit, then, go to a site with easy digging and plentiful targets to learn the tones. Have fun.

HH from Allen in MI

EZ,

1) Ground balance correctly

2) Set sensitivity to 2 or 3 at first

3) Set discrim to 1 unless you want to hear/dig the iron tones. Some deep iron tones can end up being older coins.

4) Have fun. Learn the machine. It's deep and once you get the hang of it you can up the sens and experiment in all metal. One thing, as you raise the sens, the machine can false and beep high tones so be careful with higher sensitivity. The CZ's really don't have to be run really high to go deep.