Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got my Deus...question

Andy Sabisch said:
biggziff said:
Does anyone ever hunt in cemeteries? Is it legal? I'm going to find out about this one.

All I can say is regardless of what you find as it being legal or not (although I'd be willing to hedge my bet on the answer), swinging a coil over hallowed ground is a great way to paint detectorists in a bad light and we have enough issues already. Imagine you are driving by an old homeplace with a family cemetery off to one side and you see someone metal detecting between the headstones and digging targets . . . . does that sound like a positive picture?

The bad image aside, I can't imagine anything that would make me want to hunt over the final resting place of someone hoping to find a coin or two.

Over the years I have come across a number of unmarked graves where the depressions make it clear what is there and I steer clear of those areas . . . .

You have to do what you can live with doing but I think the general consensus will be . . . .

[size=x-large]DON'T HUNT CEMETERIES![/size]

Andy

Ya, seems people get worked up over it. Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the least, but I understand how people can be regarding a grave. No worries. Plenty of other places to poke around in!