Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got my hands on a CZ 7a Pro

GoGoGopher

Got a used CZ 7a Pro with 8" and 5" coils...First thing I did was open her up and get all the sand and dried up silicon out of the control housing...There was actually enough in there to worry me, plus the stuff was getting in between the LCD screen and the faceplate and making me think the screen was going bad or had a crack...I cleaned EVERYTHING...took the coil cover off my 8" and it was loaded with dark black looking sand...No wonder it was falsing on high SENS settings...took some emmery cloth to the lower rod and cleaned it up...Almost looks like a new machine now, and works flawlessly...Will post my first finds if it ever cools down enough here in New York to hunt without drying up ad blowing away...

HH,

Good for you GoGo. Hope it does well for you.

I have the CZ7a Pro too and it is a great deep-seeking unit. Good job on cleaning it out without any further problems. You will find that 5" coil to be your main "go to" coil for coin-shooting. Goes deep for such a small coil and definitely helps to "unmask" in those junky sites.
Good luck and have fun!

Charles

Ya got a great unit and it will find you some nice goodies in the future.

Forget the coil cover. More harm than good on the CZ's in my opinion. Plus, the coils are very sturdy and last a long time without a cover and the coils are not that expensive to replace.

Unless you are hunting a lot of rocky areas and scrubbing the coil on rocks/sharp stones/shells, etc., a coil cover isn't that necessary. Plus, you can always put a thin layer of marine epoxy on the bottom of the coil if you want.

Anything is better than having sand stuck between the coil and cover, because that screws things up and is more a pain in the butt to keep taking the cover off ( and those covers fit tight !).

50/50 you broke the cover when you took it off !

You would be 100% correct on the 50/50...cracked it in one spot...Not enough to make a big difference...I will try it with them on, but they probably WILL come off eventually...At least on the 8".

HH,