Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got my Infinium!

towvan

Just got my new Infinium, and cant wait to try it out.I also got an 8" mono coil to go along with the stock coil. I will be taking it to DIV.XI. Wondering which coil will do the best in that HOT Virginia ground. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Van

I know all the coils will do great there. The stocker will cover more ground. The 8" is lighter and will punch as deep as the stocker. Enjoy your machine, It will find relics in Virginia that are out of reach of a VLF machine. Just dont swing it too fast, nice steady pace, 1-2 feet per sec. Enjoy, congrats!

Alan

Thanks Alan
I cant wait to get out there and try it out.
Van

I used the 14x10 mono on the last day of DIV and really liked it-lighter than the stock, but still good coverage.But yea all the coils will work fine

The 8" mono coil is very deep . i have found nickels at 12". All so I have the 3x7 coil I like it alot not so deep, like 7" on a coin.

snaps said:
I used the 14x10 mono on the last day of DIV and really liked it-lighter than the stock, but still good coverage.But yea all the coils will work fine

Do you find that it goes deeper in wet sand on mid sized rings/ is it noisier or the same as the stock? Are you able to swing it faster than the stock?
I have done some reading on forums looking for info on that coil, it seems to me that either mono would be better than the standard dd - at the beach, but other than that there is not a whole lot of info.

Well I think you have to swing the mono at about the same speed because Infinium has 730 pulses per sec. Minelab gpx 4500 has 5000 PPS. That means the Minelab can be swung faster. But it is $5000 also. A dollar per pulse. Ha

Alan

Ya I wish, was just referring to the Minelab...