Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got the XP deus

asiandigger

Please note not that I don'twant to upset or offend anyone, but I just got this XP and in my own opinion I do way better with my AT PRO on identifying targets. I have master the AT PRO and so wanted to take on another machine. I thought about other machines but feel that because of my detecting speed that the XP was the right one. The others wont be able to catch up with me. ( I do like its weight and the ability to compress down but) I feel like the PRO can run circle all over this machine. Since 7/28/13 I have found 32 gold rings and 36 silver rings and over 5K in clad just parks and school only. The problem I have is that its grunts on solid target and leaves a tail end sound which makes me think it junk, can't tell the different between twist off bottle cap and coins, which I can with the pro. The quarter even has a grunt noise to it too. Does anyone have this problem too. thanks

Welcome to the Deus world..
As with any New machine it takes time to learn the language.
You've had your Pro for over two years and have become one with the sounds and what to expect.
Give the Deus it's do diligence and it will produce.
The Deus takes some time to learn.
Read all you can, watch the videos and put time into it.
I came from a number of different machines and all of them had a different sound.
It's taken me quite a while to get the hang of the Deus and I'm still learning.

Take your time and good luck out there.

PS,
Nice batch of find for the last two years.

asiandigger said:
Please note not that I don'twant to upset or offend anyone, but I just got this XP and in my own opinion I do way better with my AT PRO on identifying targets. I have master the AT PRO and so wanted to take on another machine. I thought about other machines but feel that because of my detecting speed that the XP was the right one. The others wont be able to catch up with me. ( I do like its weight and the ability to compress down but) I feel like the PRO can run circle all over this machine. Since 7/28/13 I have found 32 gold rings and 36 silver rings and over 5K in clad just parks and school only. The problem I have is that its grunts on solid target and leaves a tail end sound which makes me think it junk, can't tell the different between twist off bottle cap and coins, which I can with the pro. The quarter even has a grunt noise to it too. Does anyone have this problem too. thanks

I feel like the PRO can run circle all over this machine.

I wouldn't agree with that statement. Learn your machine. The performance of the Deus is there,,,,trust me. Separation, depth, ability to handle worse ground. There have been many sell them after first getting. Guess what, many of the same folks bought back. Head for the nail pits!!! I think this is where you will quickly find out coil size for coil size----AT Pro not even in the same league. Not to mention the weight/ergonomics.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2207025
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2112610
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2208931
very good thread
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2203593

Asaindigger,

The Deus does provide ID on coins. This depth though is driven by settings. The Deus though many times will not provide good ID #s on coins say deeper than 8" even with ideal settings for depth.

But if you have the nice high tone, dig. Does trash targets exist below the 8" depth strata??? Some does, but in undisturbed sites not likely.

Deus tone has a lot of nuance---more nuance than your other detector--I promise.

When you are holding a Deus, IMO after use/testing, you are holding one of the most forgiving swing speed detectors to search for 8" and shallower finds that's ever been created.

The 2 key settings on the Deus are reactivity and silencer. You keep your sensitivity at 90 plus and adjust your reactivity for your site. Silencer IMO should remain at -1.
Some folks may disagree, but oh well.
You need to get you some screw caps, rusty bottle caps,dimes, quarters and after reading the threads I listed above, start experimenting. You will start to see a pattern.

Remember if you don't have normalized on, when you change freq so will the targets VDI in the screen.
The horseshoe along with tone provides valuable info.
The deus will alert you to many targets if set up correctly that your other detector won't/can't.
And trust me it does the same when compared to other detectors---some costing similar as Deus and 1 I know of costing hundreds more $$$.

Stick with your Deus, it will pay dividends. It's not uncommon for a person's find rate to suffer a setback while transitioning to another detector---but with time IMO your finds rate will even be better than before while using your other machine. Plus your arm/shoulder will feel better too after a long day of detecting.
Cheers

asiandigger said:

My etrac can make an AT Pro look like a toy , especially if the AT is in my hands because I've never used one :) I'm not sure what you're expecting if you think a machine out of the box will increase your finds when you have no expertise with it. The Deus is definitely faster than an AT(recovery) but the whole world does not revolve around hunting in iron/nail pits so you may never be able to avail yourself of the Deus' biggest advantages. ID is not the Deus' forte , at least the current versions and configurations which may be about to change. You can always do the frequency change thing to distinguish between high conductors and bottle caps but it sounds as if you're more into the speed issues than would allow you to take the time to do that.

I find that the Deus is a difficult machine to master , i do beaches mainly and have used Minelab machines throughout my time in detecting since 2002 . I sold my ET earlier in the year so i could commit more to using the Deus for land along with my Explorer 11 and the 705 on the dry beach .
Early this year i bought an AT pro and almost immediately found that the AT wasn't as good as the 705 on the dry and no where near as good on the wet as an ET / Explorer .

As for the Deus , and i have had more than 1 as some will know . I have found a few rings with 1 in 2010 and had a few trips to the beach where i found quite a lot of coinage , its not my first choice for the beach but would be good enough if i committed to it and nothing else.
On land however , the Deus is much better though in terms of target info it is a bit erratic at times though that could be set up ?

One thing to remember is that the Deus was made to find Roman/Celtic Saxon and Medieval coinage in among'st Iron in European/British sites , the AT Pro is a coin shooter for modern coinage mainly .
Each machine will do the opposite but they have their good and bad points .
The Deus is also very light and i can use that all day long without any fatigue , cant say that about the ET/ Explorer , the AT pro is not heavy but i dont like the top stem , the hand grip to arm cup length is quite short. And the coil cover "12 x 8.5" is a joke , i destroyed a cover in 2 hours on a stony beach.
It did not perform any better in the most Irony place i know better than any other machine i have used there though not really any worse.

In the end it comes down to price and the Deus is at least twice the price of the AT , it depends what you want out of a machine .
On the beaches i search i use the 705 most of the time , that costs less than the AT but i would go against anyone even with a CTX .
Then again on land that would be different .

Looks like the only way to have the perfect machine is to have a few different ones and pick the one you need for the job in hand.

i would go against anyone even with a CTX .

I think you'd be in a for a real enlightenment LOL.

Neither The AT Pro, not the X-Tara 705, is in the same class as the Deus. Yes the AT Pro and other are much simpler to start with but no match for an experience Deus user. I've had the X-Tara 70 and wasn't impressed and would take the AT Pro any day instead. Really it depends on where and what you hunt. My conditions here in southwest Kansas are going to be different that a lot of other locations so a different tool will work better here than say the eastern states. I hunt places that may have gold a good 50% of my hunting. The AT Pro, in my experience, is one of the best for small odd shaped gold like earring and chains than any in it's price range. Not as deep as the Deus, but darn close on gold.

It depends what you are doing and where you search , other people that search the same beaches i do have changed to the Terra because it simply finds the goods better than the others . Sand beaches are not where i go , on stony beaches where its full of iron nails on the wet and non ferrous trash , bonfire marks and masses of iron bits on the tops makes the Terra a ideal machine , not perfect but enough.
The Terra is stable , has great recovery and good reliable target info.
The CTX is cumbersome tiring in the heat and if looking to pay for itself takes a lot longer unless very lucky.

In normal circumstances i would not go up against a FBS on the beach but my local beaches are not normal .

The Deus is no match on these beaches , i see them used and they have to go slow because of all the trash which they cannot identify .
It wont stop me using the Deus on the beach but as said its not my first choice and neither is the CTX , its why i sold my ET . That was difficult for me !

Thanks for all the response....another question does this machine have the ability to tell the target size and does it tell how deep a target is...thanks

Deus has 4 pinpoint modes that will pretty well determine target size when you learn their application.
Depth , while only an approximation , can be determined by the location of the color change on the horseshoe indicator. Both items are covered in the manual.

I love the Deus but I also have and love the Race way different machine. Deep fast and loves to hunt in iron has the 5" coil the 5x10 and the 11 and a lager one I won't get but the 5x10 is my go to.

The deus took me about two months to learn and I have been hunting for 15 years but I think its a great machine

I had the At gold for a few years nice machine then got the deus a dream come true with a new update coming soon and now I trade off with the racer and deus..I can't go wrong when I use one of them or take both with me

The Macro Racer is a machine i would have considered if i could have seen one in a dealer somewhere first.
I have heard good and bad things about them .

Trying to determine the next MD to buy reading and viewing videos.
I have an AT Pro using it in parks and on Treasure Coast Fl.
Runs well built fine and Garrett quick to answer?
My wife is learning the unit now to use this unit.

Will the XP go deeper then AT but use XP slower?
Will it perform well in wet sea sand in 1715 Fleet beach sites?
Thanks

At is a great machine maybe a few notches below the racer the deus is a nice machine also both are deep in my dirt but for the water you may want to sick with the At or the At gold...the deus and the racer are fast machines but water hunting is a lot different from how I hunt

Come on..you know you want a E-trac!!!!!....................just keep at it .....What the heck ..only money!!!

mascard1 said:
Come on..you know you want a E-trac!!!!!....................just keep at it .....What the heck ..only money!!!
I heard about all those silvers you been finding with your E-Trac, I know its an great machine but I'm to fast for it. My swings are just to fast for it..LOL