Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just isn't right

Dancer

Dug this up using my Vista X. Just below the sod. No big deal any machine could have detected it. First thing I seen was the long necklace that I carefully pulled till I got to the pendant. Everything was balled up and caked with mud. On the way home I'm thinking, "Man if that's Silver it's got some weight" But there was something not right with the looks and feel. So now I'm thinking Stainless. Well I ran a magnet over it when I got home. I swear, the thing jumped off the table to grab that Magnet. Ferrous, but not a hint of rust. I don't know what fashion this it, but first one I seen.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_053735.jpg
    IMG_20210322_053735.jpg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 159
I feel ya..... found a nice little religious cross. Not magnetic but not silver either, no rust or decay. No idea what it is, 2” down.

It still could be stainless, there are quite a few grades that are magnetic. It could also be nickel (or cobalt - very unlikely) but I would think that with all of the fine chains a magnetic grade of stainless steel would be most likely. There are some really good resources online on steel grades, just search on 'magnetic stainless steel'.