Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just making sure...gold bug coils will work on my omega 8000??

Silverbackbob

It says in the sticky that the frat series coils will work on the bug and g2 as those machines were designed that way on purpose, but....will the gold bug coil work on my omega?? Just making sure before I buy a used one. Thanks. Bob.

[size=small](which is a Gold Bug Pro w/11" coil instead of 5" DD coil)[/size]. The old 'original' Gold Bug does NOT share search coils. The Gold Bug Pro/Gold Bug DP and the Teknetics G2 are the same detector electronics. Yes, the Omega can use the Double-D coils that work on the Gold Bug Pro's and G2, but those models are not designed to work well with the Concentric coils of the Omega [size=small](and other 'Greek series' models)[/size].

Monte

Thanks Monte. yes, I was referring to the newer models not the old tank-like build gold bug or gold bug II made by the original fisher. I probably should have asked if anyone had used both of the coils(Omega 5 inch and the gb pro coils on an omega to see if there was any appreciable difference(meaning is the gb coil on an omega as good as/better than/or same as) the omega 5 inch coil that is made for and marketed for the omega. Bob.