Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered a 7" concentric for my Kruzer

coinspader

I have a Multi Kruzer and there are some iron infested areas I want to hit, I have heard that the 7" concentric is a good tool to have when searching in the nails, I was just curious if anyone had some favorite settings they like to use in that scenario while using the concentric coil on the Kruzer. I have relatively mild dirt in my area.

coinspader:
I have a Multi Kruzer and there are some iron infested areas I want to hit, I have heard that the 7" concentric is a good tool to have when searching in the nails, I was just curious if anyone had some favorite settings they like to use in that scenario while using the concentric coil on the Kruzer. I have relatively mild dirt in my area.

Unfortunately they didn't make the round 7" Concentric for the FORS CoRe or Relic.:cry: Those are my "tied for #1" detectors in my get-serious Relic Hunting Team. For very heavily-littered Nail and other Ferrous debris areas the 5" DD is a must-have for my other Nokta / Makro models. My 2nd favorite coil from them is the 7" Concentric. because In have the smaller 'OOR' DD on my CoRe and 5" DD on the Relic, the 5" DD is a 2nd pick on my other models and the round 7" is a primary-use coil.

You mentioned you've heard it was a "good tool to have when searching in the nails" and to that I'll say 'Yes, it can be ... as long as the amount and closeness of nails isn't too severe. Incidental Iron Nails is one thing, but really ugly conditions are just that. I hunt a lot of very 'ugly' sites so smaller is better. However, there is more magnetic-based ferrous debris to be encountered than simply Nails and other Wire-Iron, such as cut fencing. Probably the most challenging Ferrous Debris we might encounter are the scattered shards of decaying, busted-up Rusty Tin. For much of that I enjoy using the 7" Concentric coil, and have since I first mounted it on my Impact and strolled out into a tough-to-hunt (due to Iron) Gold Mining Era Ghost Town.

I like th 7" Concentric coil on the Nokta / Makro models as a "general-Use" coil for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting but in many of the older sites I hunt the bulk of the time and rely on it as a 'scouting unit' when looking for a site, or working a location to find the 'hot spots'. And when I first used it in the old town-site of 'Lone Tree' in Oregon, it helped handle the bulk of the Rusty-Tin. Other coils, especially DD types, tend to register almost ALL of the tin much higher on the VDI scale, whereas the 7" Concentric generally gives a lower VDI response, such as in and around the '60s' to '70s' and it is easier to 'classify' as likely junk.

Functional depth and good audio and visual TID is also a strong point for the 7" Concentric. Since I usually am working in trashier sites, I use the 3-Tone mode; Sensitivity at '99' and Disc. just low enough to accept Iron Nails with a setting of '5'; Iron Audio Volume of '1' or '2'. Those are the main settings and the rest are more personal preference. Just remember when working any littered site, use a 'slow-and-methodical' sweep speed, remember to overlap, and recover targets based I=on an 'iffy' to 'decent' audio response. Never rely on some anticipated 100% visual TID read-out. Too many foolers out there.

Monte

Well when it comes to the Impact, Multi-Kruzer, Anfibio-Multi, my favorite most used, useful search coil was the 7" concentric!!!

Well 7" coil arrived today so I will give it a good test tomorrow, thank you for the input, I will let you know how I did and post pics of what I found in the nails.

coinspader:
Well 7" coil arrived today so I will give it a good test tomorrow, thank you for the input, I will let you know how I did and post pics of what I found in the nails.

Hey, did you make it out with the new 7" Con. coil? How did you do? My Impact and a half-dozen other detectors, coils, headphones and a lot more were stolen from my vehicle. I have managed, over time, to recover three of my favorites, but I don't think the others will surface. So, I ordered a brand new Impact w/5" DD and 7" Concentric coils, my two favorites, and that is due to arrive tomorrow, Wednesday. It might hit 54° and be mostly sunny on Thursday up at three of the gold mining era ghost towns we hunt, so I'll have it ready-to-go (along with my other Relic Hunting Team of detectors) and put it to good use.

Rain and snow due to hit up there Friday evening thru Monday so I'm trusting it will be a good day and I'll get the coil over something worthwhile. I hope you enjoy your new coil.

Monte

I've been hunting with a White's Prism III. It has been a great machine, one I'm not afraid to leave in the car for prospecting sites conveniently, but I decided it was time for an upgrade. I have been using the Nokta PP for years, with success, so I decided to pull the trigger on an Amfibio with the factory (11") coil and the KR24 sniper coil. There was a choice between the KR24 and the 5" concentric, since the KR24 was the most expensive, I chose it, leaving the concentric decision to a later date (7"). I live in a small town with few Det-heads, so I feel comfortable saving some of the old house sites until Amfibio gets here. TIC-TOCK waiting, waiting, waiting.

A TIP TO REMEMBER = NEVER EVER LEAVE A METAL DETECTOR UNATTENDED IN A CAR FOR EVEN A FEW MINUTES. SERIOUSLY THE CHANCES OF IT VANISHING ARE HIGH.
They really do attract thieves like nothing else on the planet. I know a few detector users who lost detectors this way. They will slit your tent if your camping out too and lift the detectors.
On a detecting rally in the UK tents were slit with knifes and the detectors stolen.

I received my Anfibio Multi and "NO", I wouldn't leave it in the car. My Prism MD would fit nicely behind my front seats in a black case. With tinted windows, it can't be seen. I purchased a backpack for my Anfibio so it always comes with me and doesn't give the appearance of a Metal Detector. I am very careful with my tools but I realize that, due to it's price, the Metal detector would be a prize to some thieves. I sometimes worry about dirt-fishing with headphones. While this is the best way to hear signals, it leaves me unable to keep an eye on my vehicle while searching.
IMG_4732.JPG

That 7" concentric sounds great! My budget is tight so I may go with a PulseDive PP first, then I'll be looking at that 7" later. For now, I'm loving the 5 1/2" X 9" DD. I haven't found an appropriate site for the 11" DD stock coil but my little sharpshooter does a great job in parks and old house site. HAPPY HUNTING!

That 7" concentric sounds great! My budget is tight so I may go with a PulseDive PP first, then I'll be looking at that 7" later. For now, I'm loving the 5 1/2" X 9" DD. I haven't found an appropriate site for the 11" DD stock coil but my little sharpshooter does a great job in parks and old house site. HAPPY HUNTING!
The stock coil is fantastic. I have used it in intense iron with great results. Unsure about modern trash performance. I have a 7” concentric in the classifieds....