Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JUST ORDERED A DEUS HAVE CTX ALREADY

Guys Lay it on me I just ordered a deus version2 needs updating or should I not I have heard different things and opinions on the update! anyhow What do you all think about the deus in how does it stand up to the CTX, what are some of the programs people are having success with, any help is greatly appreciated, I have wanted this machine for awhile and finally pulled the trigger so now I am into the Ctx 3030 the At Pro and the deus, It comes with the backphones the chefphones CP6, the stock and large coil and a few other extras.... Please HELP

i found the big coil to be tricky to handle because the ground is trashy with iron nails and other big iron objects.
version 3.1 is more stable and gives you a more silent search and to be honest, i like it allot!!! you can always go back to V2 when you like.

the used program is depends on the ground you are hunting on. i always use GM Power and tune it to where i like it, especially the tones.
i always use 12Khz, reactivity on 2, disc on 3,5, these are my standard programs as i tune this to the ground i search on.
with these settings i find hammered silver coins in a hole with nails and other junk, you really can pick out the goods,
as an indication : VDI 30-50 can be foil but also buttons, lead, thin silver or gold.
VDI 47 ring with a iron nail through it :)
VDI 55 i found a gold coin
VDI 70-89 is where i usually get the coins
VDI 92 silver coin (10 gram)
VDI 94 silver spoon
VDI 97 big silver pocket watch.

you will eventually hear when you pass a coin, with reactivity at 2 it is easy to hear if the object is big/small/broken up, coins give a punchy sound.
also you can swing the Deus really fast and hear everything it passes, as you get used to the tones you will swing faster unknowingly.

remember that the above settings and numbers are what my experience is on my field here in Holland,best is to just go out, turn it on, and pick up all the goods.
the deus is really a magnet for silver :)

o yeah, if you here a tiny sound that lets you think something is there but no VDI reading, DIG IT!!
the VDI shows only when the deus is sure what to show and lets you decide.

I would suggest going with Andy's program for starters. The settings can be found in this link:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1927407

Congratulations on your package purchase . . . . .

As far as settings, it will help if you can tell us a little about where you are hunting (ground conditions) and what you are hunting for . . . . .

Don't get bogged down with program names - look at them as P!, P2, P3, etc. Since you do not have experience with other XP detectors (as most of us don't in the US), the fact that a specific program emmulates another model in the XP line is not really important. The settings in each program are the important part so when you compare the 10 presets that come with the V3.1 software, see what is different between each and understanding why the change is there will be the key to using one or making your own.

Remember that the UK / European hunters tend to be looking for different targets than US coin hunters so factor that into your use of programs that other recommend

So if you can let us know in what kind of ground you are hunting (not a specific location . . . . unless you want company :)) and the type of targets you are hunting for, we shoudl be able to give you some specific settings to load up

Andy Sabisch

Andy I don't mind at all sharing my location, I mainly hunt in the middle northern part of kentucky, the ground down here is not bad it's actually very stable unless you get into a lot of iron, I coin hunt and relic hunt and usually like to have two or 3 programs I use, such as a program to run wide open, another for coins and jewelry and another for relics which is usually wide open! Anyhow I hope this helps you help me!! Lol look forward to your book by the way

Andy Sabisch said:
Congratulations on your package purchase . . . . .

As far as settings, it will help if you can tell us a little about where you are hunting (ground conditions) and what you are hunting for . . . . .

Don't get bogged down with program names - look at them as P!, P2, P3, etc. Since you do not have experience with other XP detectors (as most of us don't in the US), the fact that a specific program emmulates another model in the XP line is not really important. The settings in each program are the important part so when you compare the 10 presets that come with the V3.1 software, see what is different between each and understanding why the change is there will be the key to using one or making your own.

Remember that the UK / European hunters tend to be looking for different targets than US coin hunters so factor that into your use of programs that other recommend

So if you can let us know in what kind of ground you are hunting (not a specific location . . . . unless you want company :)) and the type of targets you are hunting for, we shoudl be able to give you some specific settings to load up

Andy Sabisch

Thank you very much for all of the info HAMDIT! I should have my machine Tommorow or at the latest Thursday!! Can't wait

hamdit said:
i found the big coil to be tricky to handle because the ground is trashy with iron nails and other big iron objects.
version 3.1 is more stable and gives you a more silent search and to be honest, i like it allot!!! you can always go back to V2 when you like.

the used program is depends on the ground you are hunting on. i always use GM Power and tune it to where i like it, especially the tones.
i always use 12Khz, reactivity on 2, disc on 3,5, these are my standard programs as i tune this to the ground i search on.
with these settings i find hammered silver coins in a hole with nails and other junk, you really can pick out the goods,
as an indication : VDI 30-50 can be foil but also buttons, lead, thin silver or gold.
VDI 47 ring with a iron nail through it :)
VDI 55 i found a gold coin
VDI 70-89 is where i usually get the coins
VDI 92 silver coin (10 gram)
VDI 94 silver spoon
VDI 97 big silver pocket watch.

you will eventually hear when you pass a coin, with reactivity at 2 it is easy to hear if the object is big/small/broken up, coins give a punchy sound.
also you can swing the Deus really fast and hear everything it passes, as you get used to the tones you will swing faster unknowingly.

remember that the above settings and numbers are what my experience is on my field here in Holland,best is to just go out, turn it on, and pick up all the goods.
the deus is really a magnet for silver :)

o yeah, if you here a tiny sound that lets you think something is there but no VDI reading, DIG IT!!
the VDI shows only when the deus is sure what to show and lets you decide.