Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered a VX3

azdigger

Well I just ordered a new to me VX3 to hunt coins with here in AZ .
Looking forward to getting it, already thinking of places to hunt :clapping:
Any advice or hints welcome.

Don't know Kingman area that well, but parks and schools would be a start. I don't remember the web address off hand, but there are a couple web sites with older aerial photos and old topo maps that would possibly show old buildings etc and those that are no longer there.
Some times old photos can provide ideas for hunting locations.
http://digital-desert.com/kingman-az/historic-photos.html

A little research should point out the oldest homes and subdivisions in your area. Any that were built prior to the 1960s would be ideal. That would be where to knock on doors and ask permission. Those homes are the most likely to be unhunted or rarely hunted and offer the best chances of older coins and jewelry.

Good luck!

Good luck on your VX3 its a great detector The problem with finding coin in AZ is Lake Havasu the area I am familiar with is a New area and not to old so the coins you will find are new coins BUT the jewelry picking off the beaches is GREAT as the young people all come there on there spring Break and the do lose a lot of Jewelry
DFXDon

Now I jus have to wait until it gets here....FED EX has it in Phoenix and tracking said it left this morning, I am about 3 hours away....tracking says it will not be here until the 23rd...a full week.
When I get it I have places to hunt, parks and a few older home places...just foundations now , even got a few railroad labor camps tp check.
Nice thing about parks ,and beaches and picnic areas....they can be re- hunted.....:bouncy: