Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Ordered Mine....Check It Out!

I posted this thread on the E-Trac forum, but as it applies to Explorer users, I wanted to post here to share it with you guys/gals as well.

I just got off the phone with Joe at RNB Innovations. I called to ask about the new ML-2900 battery pack for the Explorer/E-Trac series detectors. Joe was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, needless to say, the order was placed.

This is one item that I am seriously excited about. The E-Trac/Explorers are fantastic machines, but in a world driven by lithium batteries, the battery options for those machines just didn't cut t for me. I have wanted a lithium battery for a long time for my E-Trac and now I can have my cake, and eat it too!

Joe told me that orders should start shipping as early as next week! On their site it states that there are about 20 units left at the current introductory price of $129.99. That's a steal in my book as a standard Minelab replacement battery is already around the $100 mark.

Not only do you get about double the capacity, you also get 12 volts as opposed to 9.6 and you get a straight discharge curve rather than the fade of standard batteries. They will also sit on a shelf for a year with minimal loss in power. I don't know about you but I hate it when I put my machine in the closet, only to go on a hunt the next week and start with a half charged battery due to loss of charge from sitting. This will all be a thing of the past with these batteries.

I don't work for RNB, nor do I get anything for posting about them, I just think it's great that they decided to make something that I, and many others, can truly use to improve our detecting experience.

Check them out at: http://rnb-innovations.com/new_products.htm

As always, I will provide you with a full review as soon as I receive my battery and get a few hunts in on it.

Happy Hunting -Marc

Man.... thats a great option. I was looking to see what the Volts were i see it meets the ML requirement to NOT exceed 13V. Nice find... let us know how well they work.

Dew

Looks like a good deal and a one year guarantee . I ordered one . My present rechargeables are not lasting as long as they used to . I like the idea of the longer power life without having to worry about recharging as much and the fact they are a bit lighter in weight is nice too .
Thanks for posting the link Marc and welcome as a new sponsor RB Innovations .:thumbup:

I went to the web site and did some more reading. Our manual says not to use Lith Ions because they exceed 13V. They mentioned our rechargabe being 9.6V.... but that voltage is after 16 hours use i wonder if their 12.5V is figured the same. I know a fully charged rechargable is about 11.25V after being used for a few months.... clearly under the 13V. Their voltage fully charged could exceed the 13V which ML doesnt recommend and if used and damage occurs it might void the warranty. Id like to know how it does for you.

Dew

Mike i just talked to Joe he says that 12.5 is FULLY charged and its charged in less than 2 hours. Just for your info as well Mike since i know you use an Xcal..... he is working on one for the Xcal as well.....

Dew