Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered the 12x10 SEF

BeachCleaner

Hello all, I have read this forum for about a year now, I've been over at the whites forum as jroode32 I'm not digging how biased you must pretend to be to be a part of that tight knit community. Don't get me wrong they are all great and very helpful over there but all I want to say to them is PRO POINTER, Lol.

Anyway, I have read everything thing there is to read about the SEF coils, good, bad and ugly but I have faith in them and decided to purchase the 12x10 white one for my V3i, I have been using my 6x10 for quite some time now and I'm very happy with it, I can hit the 8" quarter and 7" dime in my test garden. I'm really hoping I get an rx=15 tx= on and o overload = No model like some of you have. When I get it I plan on doing some extensive testing with it and I will even make some videos on the performance.

The SEF is a good coil design and works super on many detectors. The SEF coils just have trouble with the 22.5 KHZ frequency of the V3i. The single 2.5 and 7.5 Khz frequencies have no trouble whether the black or white SEF coil. The white SEF was supposed to take care of the 22.5 kHz problem by have a better null.

My first white SEF didn't meet specs. My second white SEF has a very good null, not quite as good as my D2. At the same settings the SEF shows a higher signal % but I have no trouble running RX 15 and I can run TX boost. In my soil the depth of the D2 and White SEF are close with the 10x12 getting maybe 1/2 inch to 1 inch deeper, no more. The SEF also runs slightly smoother in my iron rich soil. I experienced less ground noise, slightly better depth and better coverage with the white 12X10 SEF. My white SEF is also lighter than my D2.

I hope you get a good one.[attachment 253047 ani_einstein.gif]

Please keep us informed. I am still waiting for my account to be credited, maybe they are sending me a new one and screwed up. I really dont know. I do know it is closing in on 3 weeks and I dont have a refund or a coil.

I honestly have lost count of how many bad coils they shipped me.:stretcher:

I got the 12x10 I ordered and was anxious to try it out, first thing I did was check the coil and it passed the rx=15 test and then I tried tx boost and it will run tx on and rx 9 so I guess it's a good one, not as good as others but I'm happy. I went and hunted for a couple hours with it across the street were I've recently found a few silver coins, I didn't find anymore silver but it seems to be running smooth and accurate. I ran it through the test garden and it hits good on all my coins, so far so good.

Was it more or less stable than the D2? or did you really notice much difference in stability and VDI locking?

OK BC, you have a good SEF. Now try this, pick your gain settings and then check your signal% with the SEF. Then in the same spot check with the D2 usually the reading will be higher with the SEF indicating it's null is not as good.

Even if the coil doesn't overload I wouldn't detect with the signal% over 40. That would be about max. In most cases you should adjust the Rx Gain to maintain a residual Signal of no more than 30-40%. The V3i will overload at 60%, so it

Rob, thanks for your reply, you are right about the signal ratios, the d2 does have a better null. I didn't want to say anything until I logged some hours with it. Here is my honest opinion, first. I spent 4 hours hunting my new honey hole yesterday. Today I stopped at the local football field / park for approximately 90 minutes where I found some clad (I jumped it from 5-10 band, playing with a faster swing speed, lowered rd from 50-40 I wasn't going for depth I was focusing on the depth I was getting as well as nearby targets for separation. I ended up with $1.72 and I was very happy with how smooth and responsive, I experienced No falsing from trash or emi, my settings were, Rx=12 DS =90 AM 70

When I got home from work I spent 2 hours in my 9 month old test garden, I'm able to run hot without any interference. I didn't have time to move to the separation area but Iwil soon. Anyway the depth test I would say after a couple thousand passes the coil ran smooth and accurate, I would say this coil hits the 12"quarter 9 out of 10 times, I would say the d2 was hitting on it 7out of 10 times, indicating it could possibly be like you said rob 1/2-1" deeper. Not a significant amount and definitely not a deal breaker by any means.

This is my take on the 12x10 Vs D2 STANDOFF
is one better than the other, yes and No
If I had to pick between 2 coils that performed so closely to the same it was irrelevant in my decision, with that said I like the way it looks, I like the little bit of extra coverage it gives you whether or not it effects separation. I like the price also. I don't like the customer service
I don't like you have to get lucky to get a good one due to quality control issues. So you decide if it's a better coil or not.

You pretty well got it. I agree with your results. Good luck.