Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just picked up a V3i!

Hey all. I just picked up a new to me v3i. It comes with the stock coil and the wireless headphones and some doodads.

I currently have a ctx 3030 and like it but have read that the whites hits deeper and can find some things the ctx misses.

I'm looking at adding a couple coils. Generally I hunt in some pretty iron infested areas and old houses. I do parks now and then as well.

I'm looking for coils that will give me great target separation and another that will give me depth and separation.

Thanks.

You are looking for a SEF 8X6 Best all around coil.

The stock 10DD is a very good coil......
Learn to use the machine, If you don't do that no coil is gonna make any difference.

Good luck with your new machine. In the heavy iron sites I have been using the Whites 6x10 I haven't tried the 6x8 SEF yet.

GL
HH

I went to SEF coils except for the 4x6 Shooter. IMO, I have the optomal quiver of arrows for my V3i. The 8x6 SEF was an instant game changer compared to the 6x10 Whites. My local hunt buddies would agree after seeng me go on a great 3 month silver streak, in a really hard hit area.The 10x12 SEF is so quiet and seperates great for it's size. It would be nice if Whites would manufacture their own SEF coils.

If I had to vote on one single coil as must have, it would be the 8x6. martin

The 6x8 gets good reviews, yet I do well without one.

Great in three freq. I heard some sef 6x8. Work great and some don't. I like an eclipse 5.3 coil in trash 6 in round concentric design. Seperation and pp are great HH c t

I purchased the 5.3 with my bonus bucks at the time I received the V3i. I also have the 4x6 which is a good coil. Of the two I find the 5.3 easier and faster to pinpoint, very stable at higher coil settings and very good depth. I tend to use it the most in trashy areas.

Between the 2 the 4x6 and 5.3, the 5.3 is deeper. The 4x6 has better separation. I happen to use the 5.3 if I need a small coil.

I enjoy the 4x6 alot i also use the super 12 and the 5.3 if ive only got one of theses ill take the 4x6 :beers:

I have the 4X6 now and have still yet to try it. Really like the SEF 6X8

Howdy Detecting History--

About 90% of my detecting is at vacant lots / old home sights that are iron infested, trashy sights. Living in a small town (with plenty of competition), prime detecting areas are at a premium. Consequently, I find myself hunting and re-hunting the same sights to milk every possible good find from them. Although I've never used an SEF coil, I've used just about every White's coil. With my sights and my hunting strategies I'm not satisfied until I hunt a sight with the 4X6. Its target separation is excellent and I always find something that I missed with larger coils. I even use the 4X6 when relic hunting. It enables me to get between the mesquite and detect areas that have never seen a coil. I view the 4X6 like a clean-up hitter in baseball. Congratulations on your new V3i! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel